Need HELP PLEASE

blksc

A little while ago my 94 auto sc started to act funny. when i turn the car over, it idles really high near 2000 (almost like the throttle is stuck or something) Any ideas ? Even after i put the car in drive or reverse, the thing does 40mph without putting my foot on the gas.

so far..

It seems it may be a problem with the MAF. when i unplug the maf, it goes back to normal idle with a slightly rough demenor.. im sure because there is no maf. my wires were coated black so im gonna clean with and see what happens

Have you checked you IAC valve? Does it make a strange noise like a dying goose when you shut your engine off?

-Mike

IAC check

You know i havent checked the iac, but ot does seem to operate correctl ( i dont know how to test it). There is no noise from the engine when i shut it off. I also cleaned the maf wires sine they were sooted covered but this didnt help.

no codes

IF the iac was bad, wouldnt that generate some type of trouble code ? i mean at this point im willing to try anything, but taking it to ford. I also checked for vaccum leaks but didnt find any.

ford says...

it could be either the TPS OR IAC thats causing the car to idle so high. question is how does one test the damn things !

Back