brake bleeding issues?

godavid

SCCoA Member
how do I bleed my brakes? I replaced the rotors and calibers. The rotors are I believe 10 inch and the rotors are duel pistons mustangs. I also want to bleed the rears too, because I want new brake fluid in all the lines. thanks Also, do I have to have the motor running?

Go ahead and do a search for the details, but basically in order RR, LR, RF, LF. You need the key on to bleed the rear brakes. I use a plastic tube which fits air tight over the bleeder cap and run it into a clear jar, with the end submersed in about 1" of old fluid. Open the bleeder cap slightly and pump the pedal slowly 1/2 dozen times or so until the tube runs clear and has no air bubbles in it.

I have a question about bleeding the front brakes. The bleeding process for the rear brakes went well, but the front is a different story. I really did not need to bleed the rear brakes except I wanted to flush the lines. When I bleed the front there seem be an area between the end of the line and near the bleed valve which there was no fluid. Is that normal when you changed calipers? thanks

If you're asking about a large air bubble in the plastic lines when you start bleeding the caliper, yes, thats normal. You want to be sure you don't open the bleeder valve more than about 1/8 turn and that the bleed off hose is air tight on the bleeder cap. When you're done pushing fluid through, there should be no bubbles in the line.

I don't know if I have air bubbles or not. My bleed line is about two feet long. One end was on the bleed valve and the end in about inch of old brake fluid. At each end there was about four inches of brake fluid and in between there nothing. But when I bleed the brake line it never changed, the empty gap. So, if you have ideas why this is, I would like to hear them. thanks

after each bleed did you refill the master cylcnde resivor with break fluid,or that one line could be stoped up.

I don't know if I have air bubbles or not. My bleed line is about two feet long. One end was on the bleed valve and the end in about inch of old brake fluid. At each end there was about four inches of brake fluid and in between there nothing. But when I bleed the brake line it never changed, the empty gap. So, if you have ideas why this is, I would like to hear them. thanks
Yup.. nothing is coming out. Happens to me also.. open the bleeder valve just a bit more. When you step on the brake pedal, should feel like its giving way. And like pap said, be sure to top off the fluid occasionally.

Yes, I did top off the brake fluid after each bleed. I also checked for blockage in one line. The same thing happened on the other line too. I'm still kind of puzzled with the front lines. thanks

Abs light comes on when I depress the brake pedal and then goes off and then on again. Could that be because of air in the lines?

Abs light comes on when I depress the brake pedal and then goes off and then on again. Could that be because of air in the lines?
I just went thru this.
I had this and waited until the light stayed on. Bad move.
I procrastinated in replacing the accumulator,
This resulting in having to replace the whole unit from spinningwheels-sc.com

If you are installing the Mustang dual piston calipers you must use the mustang banjo bolt. The SC banjo bolt will not let the brake fluid go into the caliper.

Last edited:
I used the same banjo bolts that came with the calibers. Can someone tell why the abs light comes on when I speed up? And how can I check the continuity of the sensors on the front wheels? thanks

Back