help anyone

idle problems

when i cut my car on it idles up around 2000. when i put it in drive, it feels like the accelerator is stuck but it. what could cause the car to idle so high ?

IAC BLKSC, clean it out or buy one from FORD only, aftermarket IAC's suck! Its the big black thing on the side of the throttle body. Either that or the linkage is stuck somehow.

Al

Last edited:
yo

so you think its the IAC ?? by linkage do you mean the 'butterfly' inside the throttle body ?

hmmmm?

What happens when you put it in gear? Does it act normally or does the engine continue to "race"?
When you turn off the engine does the motor diesel? Does it seem to want to run even with the key off?
Need some more details.

Last edited:
fixed

Hey yal, thanks for the replies, when i put it into gear it continues to race. hey manny i figured i could clean it out but i figured my car is a 94 i may as well buy a new one now so i wont have to worry about the problem repeating itself. Its all fixed now thanks to a hundred bucks and my local ford dealer for the part.

Yes!

It would be an honor to bear an SC sticker. I loose motication in my SC, since everything is so expensive and a pain in the ass to fix. I think if i actually participated in some group events i'd be more motivated to fix up the sc cuz i wouldnt wanna get left in the dust lol

For future reference...

Day late and all but in the future get in touch with Dan Newman at Five Star Ford in Scottsdale Arizona. He has the BEST prices on Ford parts and ships really fast.

Parts Director - Dan Newman
Toll Free (800) 866-1520
Telephone (480) 946-3900 ext. 230
Email parts@fivestarford.com

Five Star Ford
7100 E. McDowell Rd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85257

Back