MP 85 mm TB install

90blkbrd

All,

It took me over an hour to get the bbk 75 mm tb off. The bottom right Allen bolt had been installed with a impact wrench. :rolleyes:

Then when I took it off the screw for the IAC fell out and disappeared. Took a while to find it.

When I went to install that set screw it wouldn't thread. It looks as if the BBK is a fine thread and MP uses a normal thread.

So I get it all back together with the old parts and it barely runs. I guess I need to back out the set screw so it can fall out again. :eek:

What did you guys use when you installed your MP 85 mm TB?

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01720.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

I dont remember this being a problem with the TB

Doesnt the MP TB come with a adj screw. i dont remember having to swap it.

I really think it should come with it would make the other TB useless.
It was a long time ago for me but from what I recall I didnt swap screws.

Did you actually get it from Magnum Powers? If so, contact Charles himself first thing 2morrow and explain to him your situation. Charles is a very nice person to talk with, he'll take carfe of you.

Jeff B.

I purchased the TB from MP. Unless someone else pipes up with a different answer, I'll be calling Charles tomorrow and asking it to be shipped overnight.

I purchased the TB from MP. Unless someone else pipes up with a different answer, I'll be calling Charles tomorrow and asking it to be shipped overnight.

It's supposed to come with the screw already installed. Call Charles Warner and I'm sure he will take care of it.

David

Oh and toss those bolts and put on some normal one in the place the TB is you will run into that problem again.

Oh and toss those bolts and put on some normal one in the place the TB is you will run into that problem again.

The bolts on the car seem to be the same bolts included with the MP TB, Chromed Allen screws. Is the head binding on the TB? Would a washer help.

What did you use?

I like the socket heads. A lot of the bolts under my hood are now socket heads. I doubt they will cause you any problems michael but everyone has there likes and dislikes, even guys from Boston;)

Ken

No answer so far at MP. :(

I need this done before Friday so it can be tuned by DD with the new parts.

Could you make one from a bolt? you would just have to grind the tip into a cone shape and have a it the same pitch as the hole.

I don't know how I could duplicate the angle needed.

Does anyone know if Charles used an off the shelf part from another TB that I could just go buy?

Just spoke with Charles. He was on vacation in Florida last week. My part will be in the mail today. He was very apologetic about it.

He did say he designed the 85 mm MAF around a stock SC TB. He used the same pitch and angle. So he felt the screw off a stock TB would have done in a pinch.

Car actually doesn't run to bad with black tape covering the hole. :D

Thanks PABLON2 for lending me yours while I street and dyno tuned!!!

Just spoke with Charles. He was on vacation in Florida last week. My part will be in the mail today. He was very apologetic about it.

Thanks PABLON2 for lending me yours while I street and dyno tuned!!!

Glad to hear you'll get closure soon on that issue. As far as coughing up my set screw, well, that's what clubs are for. :)

Back