Deep 6'd

Cox Abele

Mustangs of the 5.0 persuasion are generally my fortey, however I've ventured into the v6 territory previously through a N/A 94 5-spd Mustang daily driver that took on 220k brutalized miles before selling.

Not to offend anyone, but Thunderbirds/Cougars aren't to my liking, but your engines are pretty keen in my book, so it's a wash. In 2006 I bought a 91 SC with a freshly and wrongly rebuilt 12k engine. The engine was caked in grunge and the body was toast, but the transmission has shown promise. Alas, the police didn't like the non-running car too much (balancer bolt) and gave me 48 hours to fix it or get it gone. I choose the later, gutted her down and now have some sex-on-a-stand sitting in my garage. The bearings were terrible. The material was so marred that the oil squirter holds in the rods were blocked off on every rod. The heads however were brand spankin' new. SC stampped with bee-hive valve springs already installed and no calcium buildup in the water passages.

The brackets and blower still need a good scrubbing and coat of paint, but so far I think everything is coming together nicely. It's just a stock rebuild, backed by a 3k converter, AOD, 4:10s, solid axle, 8pt cage and subframe connectors. To top it off is an unknown shot from the blue bottle.

Attachments

• CIMG0031.JPG
    CIMG0031.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 110
  • CIMG0032.JPG
    CIMG0032.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 86
  • CIMG0034.JPG
    CIMG0034.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 82
  • CIMG0038.JPG
    CIMG0038.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 89
  • CIMG0037.JPG
    CIMG0037.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
the tranny is suspected good. the front pump seal looks too clean and the fluid was fresh. The previous owner also said it was rebuilt at the same time as the engine, but done profesionally.

Unless everything goes, its not for sale.

SOunds like the rebuilt engine in that car was really just a head gasket job...But being your rebuilding it shouldnt be an issue..

STangs with SC motors are nice..Of course SC's with SC motors are better :O)

I really can't say what all was done before. It may have seen multiple stages in its prior life. The block itself was painted ford blue, and I think it had non-factory bearings, but nothing says that was rescent, or if the rings were ever done.

When I pulled the first bearing cap I knew it was all down hill from there, so I stopped trying to convince myself the engine was still in good condition. About the only thing that wasn't caked under a 1/4 of grime was the oil pump. You can see it on the accessory brackets and blower snout still. In the picture with the EEC wiring is the alternator still coated in sludge.

Last edited:
Back