what cause dirty oil in blower

Thundersc90

hi

Today i remove for the first time the ic tube,ic,top blower, for change my p/s hose and i see dirty old oil and liquid oil in my blower and ic and tubing. i need to clean it. what stuff you use for clean this part. thx this oil have broke my supercharge?

Attachments

• 000_0475.jpg
    000_0475.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 000_0476.jpg
    000_0476.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 000_0473.jpg
    000_0473.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 000_0474.jpg
    000_0474.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 59
No, its completely normal, due to the functioning PCV system on the car.

-Tony

I would use brake cleaner to clean the tubes, and IC

Just wondering if the pcv suction pressure is the same coming off both valve covers...

I figure the suction off the driverside is pretty strong due to CAI or the stocker.....Never really paid attention to the passenger side......Reason I ask is for the crankcase pressure...Some old mods used to believe that there were major benefits in reducing or compression on the downstroke.......

The oil build up is perfectly normal. Don't know the pressure difference, but the other side is an intake as it hooks directly into the intake tube 1/2 way between the MAF sensor and the throttle body.

I believe if you take the intercooler off, you can pour a little gasoline in and shake it around. That will clean it right up in my experience.

Some acetone, scotch brite, & a little elbow grease will clean it up real nice. Just don't let the acetone come in contact with any painted or rubber surfaces.

Back