Vac. Lines night mare

89XR7TD

SCCoA Member
I've been trying to peice the puzzle back together after a shop had put on a late model blower/plenum and injectors for me last year, since I didn't have much time, but I have more time now and been adding chip,FMIC, and thought it would run,but most of the vac. lines were either plugged,cut,or just hanginglike this pic!!!!

Last edited:
duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I cant see the pic very clearly as I;v had a buncha vodka to celebrate it being monday, but you can hook all the lines that go to the inlet in any position....do it up whoooah so many posts whooahhhhhhhhhhh

True

As you can see I started taking everything off, thought it might the 42's and 76 C&L Maf, so I INSTALLED SCT CHIP FROM DAVE but many peeps said it sounds like a major vacuum leak:rolleyes:Took off A/C recently and started to replace valve cover gaskets, and put on the other intake manifold that I had cleaned and painted a while back.Not sure if this is ok but as I took off manifold saw the back of the head on passenger side port white, you can see in pick is this common?

pic from phone/yeah more vodka

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I cant see the pic very clearly as I;v had a buncha vodka to celebrate it being monday, but you can hook all the lines that go to the inlet in any position....do it up whoooah so many posts whooahhhhhhhhhhh

I'm just another member with vac. line questions HaHaHa!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok Ok

Just thought they had to go to a certain area, deleted the egr too, so is it ok to disconnect the transducer thats plugged in to the harness. Although I've been around here for a while and bought and sold many parts to people cause I never had time or needed the money before I could put them on the car, but now that I have more time to do it myself its fun at times aggrivating at times as well!!!!!It almost feels like i'm a newbie just starting out:D

Tom

The picture is too fuzzy and small to make anything out clearly.

most vac lines simply need to attach to the intake plenum before it goes into the blower.

You have 2 skinny and one fat line that hooks into the inlet plenum towards the back side. The vaccum line with the screw in it looks to be the fat line and has been cut. One of the skinny lines to the plenum comes from a bracket that connects to the passenger side pcv valve. This is all from memory so I cannot remember where the other skinny one comes from. It doesn't matter where you hook them on the inlet plenum side, as long as they are hooked up.

If you have deleted egr, there will be vaccum tree that needs plugged off on the passenger side of the car. There are are two vaccum lines on the egr system, one goes to the sensor, the other to that vaccum tree.

Chris

Thanks!!!

You have 2 skinny and one fat line that hooks into the inlet plenum towards the back side. The vaccum line with the screw in it looks to be the fat line and has been cut. One of the skinny lines to the plenum comes from a bracket that connects to the passenger side pcv valve. This is all from memory so I cannot remember where the other skinny one comes from. It doesn't matter where you hook them on the inlet plenum side, as long as they are hooked up.

If you have deleted egr, there will be vaccum tree that needs plugged off on the passenger side of the car. There are are two vaccum lines on the egr system, one goes to the sensor, the other to that vaccum tree.

Chris

That vacuum tree you had mentioned was one of the things I was wondering about Thanks Chris!!!!! Thanks to others as well!!!!

Tom

I get that way too sometimes Miller:D

Thanks Pap!!

Tom

Tom,

Main things you want to do when hooking up the hoses.

Make sure the PCV valve hose is attached to the inlet plenum (vacuum only)
Make sure the fuel pressure regulator is hooked up to the return plenum (vacuum and boost)
Make sure your boost gauge is hooked up to the return plenum side (vacuum and boost)

Here's a vacuum hose diagram that should give you the info your looking for.

http://members.tccoa.com/dneibert/vacuum1.gif

David

Last edited:
Thanks David!!

Tom,

Main things you want to do when hooking up the hoses.

Make sure the PCV valve hose is attached to the inlet plenum (vacuum only)
Make sure the fuel pressure regulator is hooked up to the return plenum (vacuum and boost)
Make sure your boost gauge is hooked up to the return plenum side (vacuum and boost)

Here's a vacuum hose diagram that should give you the info your looking for.

http://members.tccoa.com/dneibert/vacuum1.gif

David

I now have another dilemma, the small nipple for the boost broke off the return plenum:mad:!!!!!

Is it ok to run a tee off of the fuel regulator nipple off of the return plenum spot?For a quick fix I used jb weld to cover up the hole for boost on the Ret. Plenum:rolleyes:Stuff like this is my luck, no luck at all if it wasn't for bad luck:eek:

Tom

I now have another dilemma, the small nipple for the boost broke off the return plenum:mad:!!!!!

Is it ok to run a tee off of the fuel regulator nipple off of the return plenum spot?For a quick fix I used jb weld to cover up the hole for boost on the Ret. Plenum:rolleyes:Stuff like this is my luck, no luck at all if it wasn't for bad luck:eek:

Tom

Yes..you can tee them together. I do the same thing when using my 30 pound boost gauge for testing. BTW, suggest putting zip ties on all the vacuum hose connections...really cuts down on leaks and keeps hoses from blowing off under boost.

David

Aaaahhhh!!

Yes..you can tee them together. I do the same thing when using my 30 pound boost gauge for testing. BTW, suggest putting zip ties on all the vacuum hose connections...really cuts down on leaks and keeps hoses from blowing off under boost.

David

Thats good news to hear!!
Thanks again David:)

Tom

Back