Blahblah Egr Delete Quick ?

Miller

I have no EGR in my car now. I knoticed today that when I put it all 2gether I just took the vac line that would go to the egr and plugged it, but I still have the line going into the vac tree and it plugged in. Should I take that line out of the vac tree or leave it as is with the EGR line plugged/ line to vac tree + wiring connected .

I have no EGR in my car now. I knoticed today that when I put it all 2gether I just took the vac line that would go to the egr and plugged it, but I still have the line going into the vac tree and it plugged in. Should I take that line out of the vac tree or leave it as is with the EGR line plugged/ line to vac tree + wiring connected .

Since you have a chip you should just plug the two vac lines, unplug the electrical connection, completely remove the EGR, and have your tuner turn it off with the chip so you will not have the CEL.

Charles

Last edited:
rather then just plugging linea dn unplugging it, I will just completly remove everything from the car.. thanks

rather then just plugging linea dn unplugging it, I will just completly remove everything from the car.. thanks

Now you get to figure out what size nut to plug the hole with, or just weld it shut. I have kooks headers, so I figured it would be cost effective to not ruin the egr fitting in case I decided to sell them some day.

Oh, yeah, and you need a block-off plate on the inlet. I may have an extra if you need one.
Chris

I have an AR so I dont need a blockoff plate....thanks tho...
I just cut the egr tube in half then welded it shut as good as I can, it leaks a little bit but I'll get to it one of these days.

Back