Blower Case Scoring

bigpoppa822

I just picked up a late model blower case for my SC. I think the inside is scored pretty badly, and I'm not sure if I should use it or not. So I wanted to see what you guys thought, and also if there was anything I could do to fix it.
Here's what it looks like:
MN12%20parts

MN12%20parts

If thats a 94-95 case you can send it to Wade at the Highspeed lab. He will coat the case with the same stuff as the rotors get coated. And bring it back to life. Looks like the bearings are shot on that case.

If thats a 94-95 case you can send it to Wade at the Highspeed lab. He will coat the case with the same stuff as the rotors get coated. And bring it back to life. Looks like the bearings are shot on that case.

Yeah I know it needs new bearings, I need the right part number for them though.

I just checked out their website and it says I'd need a full rebuild to get the case coated, they don't sell only a case coating. I don't need a rebuild (I'm taking the snout off my current SC, which has only 400 miles on it), but do you think if I mentioned the SCCoA they'd do it for me?

Last edited:
(Note)

Scoring scratches = lose of boost why would you even use it in the first place? do it right get an MPX dont settle for less

Jim, do you really have to respond with such a condescending tone? Forgive me if my budget won't let me get an MPx, I'm trying to make due with what I can get my hands on.

My case is the same way and some of the scores are pretty deep, but it stills makes very good boost. These blowers are pretty hardy. Just make sure you get some good rotors.

If you go to Spinning wheels you can get a set of replacement bearings for $24, or buy the entire rebuild kit which would freshen up all the snout related stuff as well.

Frit

You can repair it if you like, or buy an MPx like Mr. Racecar driver up there said, but like Fraser and I said, you will be fine with that. There are probably a lot of people out there with cases like that and don't even know it.

If your money aint right...Do whats right...Run it anyways...Can always upgrade later if ya want...But when does new bolt ons stop...Just keeps on going...ChaChing$$$$

Not takin sides...

But that type of reply is common in here...If I posted about porting an early model blower(which I did)...10 post out of 12 would tell me Im wasting time and buy a late model or other...Same goes for Mafs..T/B and I/C..Its actually great advice if I or U had extra money..Or if I or U were striving for an 11 second car.....I dont so I keep everything on the cheap....

If your money aint right...Do whats right...Run it anyways...Can always upgrade later if ya want...But when does new bolt ons stop...Just keeps on going...ChaChing$$$$

Not takin sides...

But that type of reply is common in here...If I posted about porting an early model blower(which I did)...10 post out of 12 would tell me Im wasting time and buy a late model or other...Same goes for Mafs..T/B and I/C..Its actually great advice if I or U had extra money..Or if I or U were striving for an 11 second car.....I dont so I keep everything on the cheap....

Early model blowers are pretty much thought of as junk when it comes to performance on these boards, even though they got the job done for me. I like mine and my car is fast with it, I just wanted to upgrade.
I just want a fast street car that I can once in a while take up to the track, I'm not looking for a speed demon. I wouldn't have bothered for a v6 if I wanted a race car.
Jim and I don't like each other very much, either, so he was probably being a dick on purpose.

Backup here

Who said I dont like you? I respect everyone here even if they do attack me through PM. The point is the case is bad scorn it will not gain normal boost but if thats all you have than run it. It will cost you to have it fixed right in that case why not spend it in the right direction? I think use it the way it is than save up buy an up-grade MP blower

Attack you? You called me a retard and said I rode the short bus to school, completely unprovoked no less. You are like a child. Grow up, man.

Since it's a late model, it might have been caused by the rotors losing their coating. A light sanding with 180 grit will remove any ridges.

I had a early blower with scratches like that it still made 17 lbs boost with new bearings and high temp paint o sprayed it let dry and wet sanded it worked for 3 yrs still in my black sc i sold .

Back