PDA

View Full Version : sc'ers in New Orleans?

decipha
05-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Looking for SCers local to Louisiana or willing to make a trip for the first post Katrina meet scheduled for:

FEBRUARY 21, 2009 @ 12 o'clock noon when the sun is highest in the sky.
Location is Bonnabel Boat Launch in Metairie, LA. I-10 Exit 229.
Take Bonnabel blvd. North untill you run into the lake!!!

This doesn't exclude thunderbird and cougar owners either. Meet has been listed on other sites as well.

<HR>
username ---location ---first name

~decipha---new orleans---michael
~scott456---kenner---scott
~daybirdsc---covington---eric
skydivr7376---st. james---jon
tech greek---shreveport---eric
w2xxx---metairie---*
jlr09---*---jerry
kendall221---baton rouge---david
fearthis sc---new orleans---calvin
sleeper bird---sorrento---robbie
mz-bird---*---mike
67dude---st.amant---clint
scour_king---*---*
extremesho---*---*
ste---*---*
12sorbetter---*---*
jmfasc---*---*
bestred1---*---*
freeze408---new orleans---*
~night wing---metairie---bill sturm
truebird sc---kenner---ariel

Daybirdsc
05-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Well im not in New Orleans but but close im in Covington on the northshore.

decipha
05-14-2008, 01:19 AM
cool, i have some family that stays off lake ramsey, I'm often up that way.

If you see a black, red, or blue sc its more than likely me.

maybe we should meet up one day... do you have a myspace?

follow the link in my profile

skydivr7673
05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm out in St. James Parish, not that far from you....but my SC is off the road due to top secret project in the works....got the Mustang GT though!

Tech_Greek
05-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm all the way up in Shreveport, LA

scott456
05-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Still here in New Orleans

decipha
05-22-2008, 12:02 AM
wow!

I'm amazed theres this many of us!

One day next year we'll have to have a meet. The first ever Louisiana meet.

where at in kenner are you scott? I'm off Loyola on Tulane.

decipha
05-22-2008, 12:11 AM
skydivr... I pass through st.james pretty often.

I have some family that stays up in hammond. St. James is just a hop skip and a jump away.

If you don't mind I'd like to meet with you one day. You wouldn't happen to know anywhere to find some s/c parts from would you.

oh btw fellow louisianaians. I called every single junkyard in louisiana listed in the yellow pages and this is what i've discovered. Of all the junkyards there are only 2 that have s/c's.

Lafayette Junk. they had 3 last year!!! 337-233-9687
hwy 25 in covington they had 1! its gone now though they crushed it IIRC

Tech_Greek
05-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm down for a meet.

I have family down in Baton Rouge so if need-be I could stay with them.

scott456
05-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Decipha,
I live at the end of Loyola in woodlake.

I would be up for a meet

decipha
05-22-2008, 08:54 PM
wow your walking distance from me!!! I never seen your s/c???

call me on my cell I sent it to you via PM

my names Michael.

Decipha,
I live at the end of Loyola in woodlake.

I would be up for a meet

scott456
05-23-2008, 12:41 AM
yeah, my SC just sits it the driveway. There is nothing wrong with it (just needs paint) but i have other projects I am currently working on and the SC has been put on the back burner. I got your PM and will contact you once I get back in town

decipha
05-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Ok, I've searched and I found more louisianian supercoupers that may want to join in. I figure now would be a good time to organize a list so check the original post for a list

Nettlesd
05-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I have family in LA (Denim Springs, Baton Rouge) but I don't think I'll be heading down anytime soon.

decipha
05-24-2008, 07:26 PM
sorry to hear that, its a shame, history in the making and you couldn't join.

you never know you may be out here next year at the time of the meet, maybe one of those coincidence type things.

MZ-Bird
05-25-2008, 01:19 PM
ok...I know Tech Geek...but I dont have a SC anymore...I do have a 5.0 Sport 1992...so I almost have a SC...I got an SC without the SC v6 & leather seats..ha..ha...

anyhow...I dont know if I can do it..wife is expecting later this year...

skydivr7673
05-25-2008, 11:37 PM
skydivr... I pass through st.james pretty often.

I have some family that stays up in hammond. St. James is just a hop skip and a jump away.

If you don't mind I'd like to meet with you one day. You wouldn't happen to know anywhere to find some s/c parts from would you.

oh btw fellow louisianaians. I called every single junkyard in louisiana listed in the yellow pages and this is what i've discovered. Of all the junkyards there are only 2 that have s/c's.

Lafayette Junk. they had 3 last year!!! 337-233-9687
hwy 25 in covington they had 1! its gone now though they crushed it IIRC

SC parts? nope....not off-hand. Anything in particular youre looking for? If you need something specific we might have some luck finding it. But yeah man, I'll drop my cell # in a PM to you and you can hit back at me whenever you have the chance. A guy on another car forum I belong to--not for SC's--sold an early SC a few months back.....so they are still out there enough to be found. He wasnt a member here either. When I need parts I try to go with new ones wherever possible, just because of the age of our cars. Mine's going to be off the road until this project's finished, but it will be with all new parts.

Oh, and a couple things for your list--I am not from Gonzales, I am in St. James, and my name's Jon. I'm down for a meet as long as you guys dont mind me bringing along a somewhat modified 2003 Mustang GT instead of the Bird.

Tech_Greek
05-26-2008, 07:15 PM
My name is Eric.

decipha
06-02-2008, 05:43 PM
sounds good jon, but this meet won't be until next year, who knows? you may have your car finished by then... if not its cool with me the more the merrier right?

oh btw, im looking for 2x driver door glasses, one with the motor, one without

thanks for the name eric

doodaa
06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey Scott... I wanna see pictures of their faces the first time they hear the Cougar fire up. :D

sleeper bird
06-03-2008, 08:48 PM
i live in sorrento la ,i would love to go,can i bring my 66 landau also?
robbie

decipha
06-03-2008, 11:25 PM
wow sorrento!

we have another s/c'er from gonzales.. thats pretty close if you ask me

list updated

scott456
06-04-2008, 01:06 PM
doodaa,

Have not heard from you in a while. The cougar is just about 100% complete and will be ready for the track hopefully in about 3 weeks. I will get you some pictures

doodaa
06-04-2008, 01:28 PM
doodaa,

Have not heard from you in a while. The cougar is just about 100% complete and will be ready for the track hopefully in about 3 weeks. I will get you some pictures

I haven't been over that way in a while... My travel budget has been kind of limited and we went east last year to Turkey Run. Valentine's Day weekend before the storm was my last trip to NO. Based on what I saw in MS for Cruisin' the Coast last year I'm not sure I really want to see what you guys went through. :( Are they still doing that Lakeside show? What track will the Cougar be hitting? No Problem I suspect... ?

Tech_Greek
06-06-2008, 12:01 AM
ok...I know Tech Geek...but I dont have a SC anymore...I do have a 5.0 Sport 1992...so I almost have a SC...I got an SC without the SC v6 & leather seats..ha..ha...

anyhow...I dont know if I can do it..wife is expecting later this year...

Its GREEK man, how many times do I have to tell you? LOL

Still want to buy my wheels? One of them is now curb checked so you get three out of four? Fourth one still holds air but has a chunk missing now - blew a tire via the nice roads around here, weeeee, then the rear end flew out and bye bye rear end CLUNK.

scott456
06-09-2008, 09:43 PM
doodaa,
yeah, I think the cougar will make its first pass at No problem raceway. the car shows are not at Lakeside they are now at Clearview shopping mall every 4th Saturday.

There is a real good cruise nite at the Jukebox on Williams in Kenner every 3rd Saturday that is put on by the local Camaro/Firebird club. This could be a good place for a meet. There is no entry fee, good music, and nice cars. But you do have to get there early or you might now get a spot. Lately they have been getting over 150 cars

decipha
06-27-2008, 09:28 PM
hey scott, what you doing tonight?

call my cell, if i don't answer leave a msg and i'll call u back

scott456
06-28-2008, 04:02 PM
going to clearview cruise nite (if weather is ok) left you a voice mail

decipha
06-28-2008, 10:05 PM
yep yep

i came i seen i went

nice cars you got there scott

hey jon... i'll be passing by your way some time next week, guess i'll have to make a quick stop

scott456
06-29-2008, 09:31 PM
thanks,
it was good to meet you and I will call you once I get that cougar on the track

67dude
06-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Hey,
Sorry I don't get on here much. I live in St. Amant, which is near Soorentta. Just let me know when and where and I'll try to make it.
Clint

decipha
06-30-2008, 05:24 PM
same here scott, the pleasures all mine

clint... check your PM's

decipha
07-06-2008, 10:26 AM
you ain't gon ba-lie dis shii

I was at the conoco phillips alliance refinery out of belle chasse (jesuit bend) last thursday and i seen a s/c drive in the refinery as i was leaving for lunch. I couldn't do anything because I was still on company time in the company truck but when i got back to the plant I went to the parking lot and found the car. Its a 90 black s/c with a 5spd -extended chrome tips pass the rear bumper and purple tinted windows. Interior was shot but was tolerable. I left a note on the windshield with my number but haven't recieved any calls. anyway, anyone have any clue as to whos this was or could be?

I almost stained me undies when I first seen it from afar.

Daybirdsc
07-07-2008, 02:24 AM
Dude I think I saw the same freakin car in baton rouge one day a last summer but the guy i was riding with refused to stop so i could take a better look at it, but it was a black early 90's modle sc

decipha
07-09-2008, 10:26 PM
the owner of the mystery black sc called me today, his name is bill hes a member on this site. his black sc is an 89 and he seems like a pretty cool guy, we talked today and hes very knowledgable about the supercoupes. he said he plans on throwing on an mpx case and finishing up some cosmetics on the car. anyway, he lives just a few block down the street from where my red s/c is at right now, how coincidental is that?? just 3 blocks away!!!

I mentioned the black sc to my brother today and he said he's seen it before just never mentioned it to me. Thats just amazing, theres more of these cars in this area than i thought even existed in the state.

no telling what tomorrow will bring... we shall see

Tech_Greek
07-09-2008, 10:31 PM
I've seen a red, and a chamelon 94/95 here, tried to get both their attention but neither one even looked at me...both seemed like they were in OK shape, lot worse than mine.

decipha
07-11-2008, 07:50 PM
thats very nice tech greek, i'll be out in lafayette within the next few months due to my job, if i get a company issue rental i may take a ride out that way. would be nice to meet a fellow supercouper if your up for it. I've also never been out that way before so it would be fun and an adventure.

remember, we are a die'n breed, we need to rally as many supercoupers to this forum as possible to join this thread! You must do anything you can to get their attention. just ask eric (daybirdsc) he did a 180 on a busy highway and cut off a few cars just to get the attention of a mystery s/c he spotted in his area.

we must be all that we can be!!!

Daybirdsc
07-16-2008, 01:04 AM
oops posted twice.....

Tech_Greek
07-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Me either! :)

I was drunk off Canal Street, ya know the good old french quarter - yeah I was screaming at my dad I wish I had my SC here (rode with him in the suv) I would have people asking about SCCoA! LOL

Daybirdsc
07-16-2008, 01:06 AM
just ask eric (daybirdsc) he did a 180 on a busy highway and cut off a few cars just to get the attention of a mystery s/c he spotted in his area.

What are you talking about im a good, safe driver i couldn't do such a thing:rolleyes:
as long as the cops are around lol

decipha
08-01-2008, 09:44 PM
I was thinking about the meet next year and I thought...

How does Mardi Gras of '09 sound to everyone? It can fall on any tuesday between Feb 3 and Mar 9. Is everyone ok with that?

It would be nice to get some TX and MS supercoupes to join as well. We could meet up at either the metairie parade or the new orleans parade. Metairie would probably be better because of a better crowd and much easier parking (not much but a little better).

btw, scott... i lost your number, if you have time give me a call.

Daybirdsc
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I was thinking about the meet next year and I thought...

How does Mardi Gras of '09 sound to everyone? It can fall on any tuesday between Feb 3 and Mar 9. Is everyone ok with that?

It would be nice to get some TX and MS supercoupes to join as well. We could meet up at either the metairie parade or the new orleans parade. Metairie would probably be better because of a better crowd and much easier parking (not much but a little better).

btw, scott... i lost your number, if you have time give me a call.

im down for it well as long as the my job will let me have that day off anyway.

decipha
08-08-2008, 07:23 PM
aww crap eric i didn't even think about that, mardi gras is on a tuesday and nobody can get off if there not in the new orleans area (its a holiday around here)

would make more sense the weekend prior to mardi gras, if anyone wants to stay throughout monday until tuesday thats cool with me. I'll be there with my 3 sc's.

hmm time to update the date on the meet

ps- scott if you get this msg shoot me a pm or a phone call, I want you to check out my 351w bird

decipha
08-12-2008, 08:05 PM
i updated bill sturms information... his username is night wing, he hasn't been on these forums since jan of 07 :(

he shall come backeth to post in this thread!

scott456
08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
decipha, you have a pm

decipha
09-14-2008, 10:16 PM
well guys i moved recently i now live 2 blocks off carollton and st. charles on freret st. right next door to st. joan of arc school. If anyone wants to stop by for a quick visit give me a call. five oh four six oh six oh five three two, i have both my supercoupes and my 351w bird sitting in the carport.

decipha
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
oh yeah i can't believe i forgot to mention this!!

I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER LOCAL SUPERCOUPER!!!

they have a gold supercoupe in prestine condition, i don't know who it is but i seen the car parked in a fenced business lot right next to AAA key mini storage in harahan. As your going up the huey p long bridge stay in the right lane, you can see it parked up against the fence usually.

I'll get in my stalker mode one day and find out who owns it I swear.

decipha
10-19-2008, 03:21 PM
found another supercoupe!!!

it a red 94 5spd, i seen it at the super walmart in kenner today, i left my number on the windshield but the lady took it off and crumbled it up. Last I seen of it, it was traveling east on w. esplanade.

car looked neglected and had some minimal front end damage
plate was MLW-158 LA plate.

Might see her again, never know.

decipha
11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
found 2 more supercoupe's, his name is michael he lives in belle chasse and has an 89 silver 5spd, he never heard of sccoa but he also has a friend that has a sc and doesn't know of sccoa either. I think thats just extraordinary.

anyway, yeah thought everyone would like to know.

decipha
11-26-2008, 03:55 PM
date is set

FEBRUARY 21st, 2009 at 12 o'clock noon when the sun is highest in the sky. Its the Saturday before Mardi Gras. I figured that would be a good day since it allows people who are traveling to leave Friday night and still have time to get home on Sunday morning so nobody has to miss work. Sounds like a plan?

let me know what everyone thinks about the date and time to start getting some numbers for the turnout. The meet location will be bonnabel boat launch to make it easy.

Take I-10 (towards new orleans) to exit 229 Bonnabel Blvd. Take Bonnabel North all the way to the end (1.7 miles) you'll be at the bonnabel boat launch.
It's located in Metairie, LA.

if anyone needs to contact me for directions feel free my number is

five oh four six oh six oh five three two

Daybirdsc
11-27-2008, 06:07 AM
Im down for it...... enless i got work... ya know how it goes.

Night Wing
12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Michael, I'll be there.
Nightwing

skydivr7673
12-18-2008, 06:35 PM
hey Mike, sounds great.....havent called ya back because i've been sick all week and i dont have a voice right about now. but keep me in the loop, its been really busy for a while but things have finally started to settle down--not working those 7-straights anymore.

decipha
01-01-2009, 01:50 PM
looking forward to it everyone, I've posted on tccoa but haven't had any bites yet, guess none of the n/a crowd wants to come? maybe its a male dominance thing im guessing? Perhaps the though of there inferior birds next to sc models is more than they can handle... pheww :rolleyes:

Truebird sc
01-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Looking for SCers local to Louisiana or willing to make a trip for the first post Katrina meet scheduled for:

FEBRUARY 21, 2009 @ 12 o'clock noon when the sun is highest in the sky.
Location is Bonnabel Boat Launch in Metairie, LA. I-10 Exit 229.
Take Bonnabel blvd. North untill you run into the lake!!!

This doesn't exclude thunderbird and cougar owners either. Meet has been listed on other sites as well.

<HR>
username ---location ---first name

~decipha---new orleans---michael
~scott456---kenner---scott
~daybirdsc---covington---eric
skydivr7376---st. james---jon
tech greek---shreveport---eric
w2xxx---metairie---*
jlr09---*---jerry
kendall221---baton rouge---david
fearthis sc---new orleans---calvin
sleeper bird---sorrento---robbie
mz-bird---*---mike
67dude---st.amant---clint
scour_king---*---*
extremesho---*---*
ste---*---*
12sorbetter---*---*
jmfasc---*---*
bestred1---*---*
freeze408---new orleans---*
~night wing---metairie---bill sturm

ill try to be their im staying in kenner

decipha
01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
thats great... and welcome to the club

are you by any chance the person that owns the red or gold sc i've seen?

not too many of sc's around here

if you have time give me a call five oh four six oh six oh five three two

Truebird sc
01-28-2009, 04:54 PM
naw my sc is black is parkt right naw im doing some work to it ill give u a call tomorrow im heading out to work and i dont get out till 5am my number is seven seven two four one eight five two oh five

decipha
02-06-2009, 11:23 AM
bump bump

the time is near just a couple more weeks to go

decipha
02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
found two more local supercoupes.

ones located in destrehan for sale on craigslist, a 90 white sc
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/1019960918.html

the other is on the westbank, i seen it while i was on my way to conoco refinery on belle chasse highway at the lapalco intersection. was a very nice red sc with a ram air hood. Couldn't circle around because i was in the work truck but i will be around the westbank this weekend getting some new body panels and what not, i'll keep an eye out for it. It sure did look prestine from afar.

decipha
02-19-2009, 08:00 PM
just 2 days remaining till the meet... hope everyone marked their calender and what not

Trailor
04-19-2009, 07:48 PM
im sorry i missed out on the meet. im not an SC owner myself, but sure would like to be, so if yall have one or see one comin up for sale, keep me posted. ill be checkin here more often to see if we got any future meets from now on.

decipha
04-22-2009, 01:22 PM
not a problem i'll keep an eye out im usually the guru on sc's around the new orleans area, i was aware of a red sc for sale on the westbank and they also had one on craigslist posted in destrehan. If you want to come stop by and check out some of my supercoupes your more than welcome to right now i have the engine out my black sc doing some modernfications and preventative maintenace as well as a little performance adjustments. Anyway my lines always open five oh four six oh six oh five three two. And welcome to the sc board hope you find an sc soon.

btw... if your really interested in that red sc on the westbank i can make a call to a man jason that has a silver sc on westwood. Just let me know

Michael Ponthieux

oh and btw... the sc meet really sucked it was a typical new orleans meet

doodaa
04-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Any of you guys hang out primarily on the west bank and maybe be willing to eyeball a Thunderbird at a dealer in Westwego for me? It's not a SC though...

decipha
04-28-2009, 01:08 PM
I work on the westbank I'm actually on the westbank right now as I'm typing this from the office. If you want give me a call and I'll be more than glad to check it out for you, I can even take pics as well. My number is five oh four six oh six oh five three two. Call me anytime.
-decipha

Any of you guys hang out primarily on the west bank and maybe be willing to eyeball a Thunderbird at a dealer in Westwego for me? It's not a SC though...

doodaa
04-28-2009, 06:08 PM
check your PM...

Thanks.