1990 XR7 5-speed...

XR7Kurt

Looking for a 1990 XR7, 5-speed, BLACK OR RED exterior, black interior, and a moonroof. Rust free, no repaired rust.

Kurt

Last edited:
I've got a black 5-speed.....

But it has the grey interior......

It needs to be ripped out anyway.....:rolleyes:

I've got a black 5-speed.....

But it has the grey interior......

It needs to be ripped out anyway.....
Yesterday 10:13 AM
I may consider grey, but the last part doesn't sound too promising.:p Give me some more details if it has a moonroof and is rust free.

Kurt

Not a 5 speed, but ready for one to go in!!!
Thanks but I already have one that's everything I want except the 5-speed. I even have a 5-speed car that I could take parts off of but it's too solid to make a parts car in my opinion. I have one too many cars and probably should have already done that but I don't believe any of these cars should be parted that aren't beyond repair.
That picture of your car launching is incredible. Was it professionally taken or do you have a really good camera?
Do you ever see a Cream colored 69' XR7 convertible running up there at Milan?
Kurt

Here's what I have......

Attachments

• Car stuff 145.jpg
    Car stuff 145.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Car stuff 146.jpg
    Car stuff 146.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Car stuff 147.jpg
    Car stuff 147.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Here's what I have......
Ok, I see it has a moonroof and from what little of the body I can see there is no rust, so give me the Paul Harvey version, as in the rest of the story...:p
And congratulations on your new personal record today.

Kurt

I just took a look at her and over all, she is pretty rust free......

There are a few spots of surface rust on the rear deck lid (about the size of the palm of your hand) and on the PS door where the PO removed the black vinal tape......

The body is in very good condition considering the car hasn't been on the road in 6 years.....

The interior was redone some years ago in basic backwoods red-neck style and needs to be replaced.....

I got the car to be restored, but I just don't have the time to work with her right now....

So now you know the rest..........

Of the story......

Good day

So Kurt; you want one of the rarest MN12s ever made, with specific options and color combos, in rust-free great shape.... That's no small request. :) I'm curious to see what is found.

So Kurt; you want one of the rarest MN12s ever made, with specific options and color combos, in rust-free great shape.... That's no small request.
Today 02:56 PM
Tell me about it.:p After having three different XR7's I figured out exactly what I want. I have 2 XR7's and a SC now but would like to have everything I like in one car.
90' 5-speeds are rare according to the numbers but seem to be far behind the low production SC's in desireability.
I think the production numbers for the 90' 5-speeds are closer to the 89' numbers than what's listed. The hardest options to find seem to be the black on black, which is the reason I'm looking for a 90' because the the 89's didn't have black interior option.
BTW I also want keyless entry, cornering lights, and the auto headlights.:rolleyes:
Kurt

I've got a white 90 with all factory options, including an alarm.....

But it has the currant red interior and is an auto....

Here are some pictures of the rocker panels.....

Pictures 1 and 2 are PS......

Pictures 3 and 4 are DS.....

Attachments

• XR-7.jpg
    XR-7.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 61
  • XR-7 (1).jpg
    XR-7 (1).jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 56
  • XR-7 (4).jpg
    XR-7 (4).jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 54
  • XR-7 (5).jpg
    XR-7 (5).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 52
Here are the surface rust pictures of the PS door, trunk lid, and hood......

It could use a good paint job.....

Last two pictures shows the rear suspension.....

Attachments

• XR-7 (6).jpg
    XR-7 (6).jpg
    152 KB · Views: 95
  • XR-7 (7).jpg
    XR-7 (7).jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 56
  • XR-7 (8).jpg
    XR-7 (8).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 56
  • XR-7 (3).jpg
    XR-7 (3).jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 59
  • XR-7 (2).jpg
    XR-7 (2).jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
These pictures show that the body is nice and straight and in very good shape.....

I also included a few pictures of why the interior needs to be replaced.....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• XR-7 (9).jpg
    XR-7 (9).jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 48
  • XR-7 (10).jpg
    XR-7 (10).jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 46
  • XR-7 (11).jpg
    XR-7 (11).jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 55
  • XR-7 (12).jpg
    XR-7 (12).jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 59
Thanks for the great pictures. If possible, I'd like to see some of the floorpans and the part of the door bottoms that you can see when the doors are open. Does the interior get wet when it rains? I had the plastic cowl pieces off mine one time and had water come in down the sides by the kick panels.
Also, I see the instrument cluster is missing along with the grill, and headlights. What other parts are missing?
Thanks,
Kurt

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the bottom of the doors and body.....

I have a spare instrument cluster that will go with the car.....

The engine is complete, the only thing I have removed is the DIS to have it tested.....

Other than that, I haven't removed anything from this car....

It is missing the top cover that holds the shifter arm in place, it was missing when I picked the car up.....

I noticed that there has been a slight water leak from the DS upper edge of the windshield, but no rust on the DS floor pan....

I also noticed that it has a build date of 6-89.....:(

I thought it was a 90 all this time......:rolleyes:

Attachments

• XR-7 doors.jpg
    XR-7 doors.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 51
  • XR-7 doors (1).jpg
    XR-7 doors (1).jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 54
  • XR-7 doors (2).jpg
    XR-7 doors (2).jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 57
  • XR-7 doors (3).jpg
    XR-7 doors (3).jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Boy things were looking good until that last picture.:(Looks like some rust issues there, I guess from a clogged moonroof drain? Let me know if I'm mistaken(I hope) and not seeing what I think I'm seeing.

Kurt

Back