PDA

View Full Version : Ford Builder ceasing publication

Mercutio
05-11-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry to have to say that on Friday my employer informed me that we will no longer continue to publish Ford Builder magazine. We were a late entry in a crowded market, and while I appreciate the support of so many of you at this site (and others) it wasn't enough to keep the title alive. For those of you who have been subscribing to the magazine, thank you. We don't want to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth, so please call (866) 515-5770 to discuss ending your subscription or transferring it to another title.

What will happen to the stories I've already done that haven't run yet is unclear. Some may be published online only, some may be published in our sister title, Super Rod, and unfortunately some of them will probably never see the light of day. At this time I can't comment on the fate of any specific story, like the second half of my SC build from Dave Dalke.

Again, I thank all of you who helped keep the title going as long as it did. This isn't the way I would have liked to see things end, but I suppose that's life.

SCme94
05-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Wow...Sorry to hear this Will. I had been waiting for the next issue hoping for Shootout coverage.

Jeff Bratton
05-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Me too.... was looking forward in seeing that man over in KC, Duane Nettles I think:p spread!!

Damn. This really sucks!!

Jeff B.

19TbirdSC91
05-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Damn, i was looking forward to seeing 2007 Shootout coverage soon. Sorry to hear about the fall out.

Sean McConaha

Jeremy_K
05-11-2008, 08:04 PM
That sucks. That was the best ford mag. out there (to me anyways). They were very hard to find in stores though.

Nettlesd
05-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Me too.... was looking forward in seeing that man over in KC, Duane Nettles I think:p spread!!

Damn. This really sucks!!

Jeff B.

I hear ya, Jeff. Just when I'm going to get some magazine coverage on my car, they close up shop and I don't get the write up. Oh well, at least Rod got some good coverage on his car and he deserved every bit of it. Rod has one sharp car.

XR7 Dave
05-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh man, this really sucks. :( Sorry to hear this, are they going to place you somewhere else within the company?

Kurt K
05-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry to hear about this Will. Like David says, hopefully you'll get placed somewhere else in the company.

Mercutio
05-11-2008, 09:50 PM
I still have a job, no worries there. As it was, I already worked on other titles anyway. Now I guess I'll just shoot more Chevys or street rods instead of Fords. I suppose this also means that if I can make the shootout again this year (and I have every intention of being there) it will be as vacation, not work.

Dahoopd
05-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Thats nice, the publisher couldnt even get them into a Walmart on the east coast or at least one near me and now he decides to duck out.

Thanks for doing what you did and could. I sure hope that doesnt dwindle your love for the SC.

Mike8675309
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
That's too bad the last issue was so long ago.

racecougar
05-11-2008, 10:27 PM
That's a real bummer, Will. It was great to have an actual Ford magazine out there, as opposed to all of the Mustang magazines which call themselves Ford magazines.

Glad to hear that you still have a job though. Hopefully you'll be able to swing some vacation time and come to the Shootout again this year.

-Rod

P.S. - Are you (or were you) planning on attending WSC this year?

Mercutio
05-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Thats nice, the publisher couldnt even get them into a Walmart on the east coast or at least one near me and now he decides to duck out.

Thanks for doing what you did and could. I sure hope that doesnt dwindle your love for the SC.

I can appreciate your frustration, but the phrase "duck out" may be a little harsh. We did what we could as long as we could, and frankly the fact that my boss allowed me to cater to the SC community, and others, cost us money. Most advertisers would have definitely preferred us to be Mustang only.

But I also appreciate your compliment. No, I'm still an SC kind of guy. I don't plan on letting go of my red car just because my job title has changed.

XxSlowpokexX
05-12-2008, 01:13 AM
SOrry to hear this dude..Perhaps you can eventually squeeze back into something ford related.

Best of luck

Randy N Connie
05-12-2008, 11:23 AM
I placed an order for this mag 1-5-08. have never receive one copy.
I called a couple months ago, I was told I they had skipped one month
and I would receive a April issue. never arrived.

I just called again this morning after reading this thread. I was told that
this thread was false info, and that the mag is and will continue to be
printed.

So I have a question. Is this info in this post false, or is the info from
the mag false? I called 1-866-515-5770 EX 150.

Since I never received a copy, looks like buckerroo plublishing may not
be telling the truth. Starting to look like another of the numerus rip-off
that I have encountered from people that hang around on the SCCoA.

Randy

MagpoweredSC
05-12-2008, 11:27 AM
remove post I am not intelligent in the morning

MagpoweredSC
05-12-2008, 11:29 AM

Randy

WoW!!!!!!!!!!

Mercutio
05-12-2008, 11:34 AM

printed.

Randy

Randy, I just spoke with our receptionist, Sonia, who you just talked to. Apparently no one had informed her of the decision. The other editors and I were told around 4PM Friday and I guess the information might not have made it to everyone. I assume she will now have to speak with my boss about exactly how to deal with those subscribers who call.

I apologize for the mixup. We are not trying to evade or mislead anyone who has spent their money with us.

rzimmerl
05-12-2008, 11:44 AM
I subscribed back in the Feb-March timeframe so I could get last months issue (would have been nice to get an email saying why I did not get the issue, instead of finding out this way) I took a look at the other publications that are offered in return and I see none that I am interested in, or that fit my niche. I would rather have a refund.

kenewagner
05-12-2008, 11:45 AM

printed.

Randy

WOW Randy, you need to take a chill pill. You might have had disagreements with people here but to lump everyone who hangs out on the SCCoA as rip offs is just not cool and not appriciated. I, for one, have not been rip off once here and I have sold and bought a lot of stuff.

Ken

XxSlowpokexX
05-12-2008, 01:45 PM
<~~~~Been ripped off...But I think this goes for any internet based forum...There are those who are honest and those who ar enot. In this case I dont see it as being dishonest. Many times a corperate decision is made to shut down and the bottom line people only find out when they are shutting the doors

95_XR7
05-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Anyway we can still get magazines from previous months, or is that not possible. :(

Mercutio
05-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Anyway we can still get magazines from previous months, or is that not possible. :(

You can definitely call in to pick up any back issues. Call the same number I provided in the first post.

Randy N Connie
05-14-2008, 12:44 PM
WOW Randy, you need to take a chill pill. You might have had disagreements with people here but to lump everyone who hangs out on the SCCoA as rip offs is just not cool and not appriciated. I, for one, have not been rip off once here and I have sold and bought a lot of stuff.

Ken

Ken my post was not ment to lump everyone as the same. I know
some relly nice members and some bad members. I have been
burnt on 90% of the deals that I have made with people on the SCCoA.
I think you would have an attatude if you were burnt on 90% of the
dealings you have made on this board.

I missed the class in school that I should say thanks to people that
have burnt me on deals. So you will just have to be mad at me.

Randy

Randy N Connie
05-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Randy, I just spoke with our receptionist, Sonia, who you just talked to. Apparently no one had informed her of the decision. The other editors and I were told around 4PM Friday and I guess the information might not have made it to everyone. I assume she will now have to speak with my boss about exactly how to deal with those subscribers who call.

I apologize for the mixup. We are not trying to evade or mislead anyone who has spent their money with us.

Mercutio thanks for the get-back. no need for you to apologize to me.
I will apologize to you if you have taken my post as being worded to ruff.
Thats the way I post . I thought there may have been a commuication
break down. This is why I ask the question I did.

I donot nor will I ever apologize to a few SCCoA members about
the wording of my post of being burnt on purchase of parts or to
the piroting of my parts. I simply do not understand when crooks
think that I should thank them for ripping me off.

Randy

XxSlowpokexX
05-14-2008, 01:03 PM
I thank Randy for feeding me when I was around his way :O)

kenewagner
05-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Ken my post was not ment to lump everyone as the same. I know
some relly nice members and some bad members. I have been
burnt on 90% of the deals that I have made with people on the SCCoA.
I think you would have an attatude if you were burnt on 90% of the
dealings you have made on this board.

I missed the class in school that I should say thanks to people that
have burnt me on deals. So you will just have to be mad at me.

Randy

I'm not mad at anyone. As I said I have met many people here on the SCCoA that I call friends. There are some people here I just ignore simply because they are out in left field somewhere, but in my book you aint one of them. I always remember people who go out of there way to help me;) To keep on track of the thread, I never did get a subscrition to the magazine but did buy the last couple of issues.

Ken

90blkbrd
05-14-2008, 01:35 PM
I had tried to set up a subscriptions online and the page kept crashing a few months back. I purchased the MPx and snow injection issue and was impatiently waiting for the next one detailing your new numbers. I had been checking Wal-Mart weekly.

Mercutio
05-14-2008, 04:27 PM
There's a possibility that story might come out in one of our other titles, but I really don't know. At this point I've kept people waiting so long on that I think I'm just going to start a thread about it so people know how it went.

Randy, I'm not mad at you and I'm not going to jump all over you for your post. I know it was a long wait between our last issue and now as we tried and tried to get the magazine out the door and to the printer, so to wait for so long and then hear what Sonia told you must have been frustrating. I do hope that we get your, and all subscribers, a solution that makes them happy, be it changing a sub, refund or whatever. Sonia did tell me today some people who have called in are opting to just wait a few months in the hope that we can bring the magazine back. If that happens I'll let everyone here know, but I don't expect things to play out like that.

Mike8675309
05-14-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna have to take a refund on the subscription that wasn't yet fulfilled. Then I'll pick up other mags on the stand, and if one of the happens to work for me, I'll sub to that. I don't subscribe to many magazines, just Hot Rod, Car Craft, and Ford Builder.

Thomas A
05-14-2008, 10:20 PM
How many total issues were published? I wouldn't mind getting one of each while they are still available. Any idea how much that would cost?

Thomas

Mike8675309
05-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Website seems to be shut down for ford builder and buckaroo. Did someone hack the site? Google search lists it as a dangerous site right now.

392Bird
05-15-2008, 08:42 AM
I had been reading it since it first started. Hate to see it go.

Mercutio
05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
How many total issues were published? I wouldn't mind getting one of each while they are still available. Any idea how much that would cost?

Thomas

I'm not sure how much it would be for a full set. Call Sonia at the number listed in the first post and she can get your a price, though. There is a chance we may be out of our first issue--we never did have many spares.

The website works for me, and I have no idea why Google says it's dangerous. If anyone has reservations about visiting the site you can always call us toll free.