PDA

View Full Version : Why the county courthouse sent me and my GF $500.00 recently...

dirtybird91
05-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I was shocked and stunned to open up an envelope with a check in it last week. I had no idea why the courthouse had sent it, and to make things more suspicious, my girlfriend got a check too!!!!:confused:

Well, we went to the local Wal-Mart and cashed the checks and had a blast spending the "mystery" money. :p

Curious as to why we got this wad of cash, my girlfriend called the courthourse and they explained that this was restitution for the vandelism that occurred last summer when a bunch of neighborhood kids went out to the grocery store and bought up $80.00 in eggs. They used the before mentioned missles to attack a local car dealership before they finally ambushed many cars in my neighborhood. (INCUDING MY MUSTANG GT, and her DODGE RAM PU)
We reported that incident after we woke up and found the disaster about a year ago.
I guess justice has finally been served......;)

rzibilske77
05-12-2008, 07:38 PM
man that is awesome, the $$$ came most likely from there tax returns that were intercepted................:D

dirtybird91
05-12-2008, 08:32 PM
man that is awesome, the $$$ came most likely from there tax returns that were intercepted................:D

Naaaaa, those kids that egged my vehicles finally got thier day in court. The money we were sent was restitution for thier crimes.:D

rzibilske77
05-12-2008, 08:51 PM
well however you got....all that matters is you did.
i have a suit out on a ahole that hit one of my sc's a few yrs back.......he had no insurance, suspended DL, he did 2500 and change worth of damage...really wasnt too bad.
anyhow he apparently has his own roofing business and doesnt pay taxes.......im hoping some day down the line i will see a fat check come to me.

dirtybird91
05-12-2008, 09:11 PM
well however you got....all that matters is you did.
i have a suit out on a ahole that hit one of my sc's a few yrs back.......he had no insurance, suspended DL, he did 2500 and change worth of damage...really wasnt too bad.
anyhow he apparently has his own roofing business and doesnt pay taxes.......im hoping some day down the line i will see a fat check come to me.

Wow, people can get away with anything these days. How the heck does he insure his business, but not his personal vehicle?
Well, I wish you luck man.:cool:

f1rocco
05-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Cool I guess....

But its just court money and a type of assistance....

I mean $500 per household to egg damage victims or $250 per car...Sure the family learned a lesson but geeze...How many of these people are gonna get their cars rebuffed or painted.......Its the I will sue you mentality....And we did...

Geeze...Id let you dump 500 lbs of pig dung on my car everyday for the next 20 years for 50$ each day.....Thats over $18K a year to wash pig dung off a car..In 20 years its like $360K....Where do I sign up for the job to be dumped on.......I feel bad for your vehicles but thats just a waste of legal time and funds...

351cat
05-13-2008, 08:04 AM
I had a group of kids vandalize my ranger in '03... they also beat on me a lil bit... (long story involving woman and new man) anyway... they did ~2500 dollars worth of damage, and 2 years later it went to court and i got a 2450 dollar settlement check last year :)

so what i'm sayin is, i know the feeling ;) hehe

95badbird
05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Cool I guess....

But its just court money and a type of assistance....

I mean $500 per household to egg damage victims or $250 per car...Sure the family learned a lesson but geeze...How many of these people are gonna get their cars rebuffed or painted.......Its the I will sue you mentality....And we did...

Geeze...Id let you dump 500 lbs of pig dung on my car everyday for the next 20 years for 50$ each day.....Thats over $18K a year to wash pig dung off a car..In 20 years its like $360K....Where do I sign up for the job to be dumped on.......I feel bad for your vehicles but thats just a waste of legal time and funds...

It is far from a waste.
If nothing was done to these kids, they would still be out there doing the same crap to other people. Kids get away with to much these days. To me, parents need to do a little more parenting. If the kids were juvenile, I'm sure that the parents had to fork over the money. Well, good, maybe they should have done their job in the first place.

dirtybird91
05-13-2008, 10:12 AM
It is far from a waste.
If nothing was done to these kids, they would still be out there doing the same crap to other people. Kids get away with to much these days. To me, parents need to do a little more parenting. If the kids were juvenile, I'm sure that the parents had to fork over the money. Well, good, maybe they should have done their job in the first place.

Exactly what he said!;)
I was never asked to press charges, and it's a good thing because I would have let the kids off the hook since I was a dumb kid once doing dumb-kid things. The state of Tennesse took up charges on these punks who would have otherwise turned around and did this same thing again.
My mother was single and only '5-"4, but I would have rather been arrested by the cops than to let her catch up with me for something like this.:eek:
Frank

fturner
05-13-2008, 01:07 PM
It is far from a waste.

One problem with that... parents aren't allowed to discipline kids anymore because they will end up in jail for child abuse... and the kids know it :cool:

Also to think, what did really happen to the kids themselves? The parents had to foot the bill, meanwhile the kids just walk off and plan some more crap. Personally, I woulda taken those kids and had them hand wash every single one of those cars they decided to throw some eggs at.

Frit

None2Slow
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
One problem with that... parents aren't allowed to discipline kids anymore because they will end up in jail for child abuse... and the kids know it :cool: Frit

I was listening to a comedian the other night and he was talking about how his friend could do whatever and call his mom names.
So he goes home and talks back to his dad and when his dad goes to whoop on him, he holds the phone out and tells him that hes going to call the police.
Dad says "Go ahead, but its going to take them 20 minutes to get here".

dirtybird91
05-13-2008, 04:45 PM
One problem with that... parents aren't allowed to discipline kids anymore because they will end up in jail for child abuse... and the kids know it :cool:

Also to think, what did really happen to the kids themselves? The parents had to foot the bill, meanwhile the kids just walk off and plan some more crap. Personally, I woulda taken those kids and had them hand wash every single one of those cars they decided to throw some eggs at.

Frit

That is a very good point, but I am pretty certain that at this point in the game they have either jail time OR community service. I would be willing to gamble that they have learned a good lesson regardless of thier parents input.