Wheel Horsepower Guess?

T-bird Tim

Looking to see if any of you guys have some kind of close guess as what my wheel power would be with these mods? Stock block and heads 92 5-speed sc. Underdrive accesory pulleys, MP2 blower W/5% OD and MP plenum, custom 3-2.5-3 inch exhaust with no cats, 3" CAI, 85mm T-body, 76mm MAFS. How much more could I expect to see by adding Long tube headers, 42lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, 90mm MAFS, Double IC with fan and a raised top? Thanks guys

Looking to see if any of you guys have some kind of close guess as what my wheel power would be with these mods? Stock block and heads 92 5-speed sc. Underdrive accesory pulleys, MP2 blower W/5% OD and MP plenum, custom 3-2.5-3 inch exhaust with no cats, 3" CAI, 85mm T-body, 76mm MAFS. How much more could I expect to see by adding Long tube headers, 42lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, 90mm MAFS, Double IC with fan and a raised top? Thanks guys

I would guess about 235 rwhp. With the exception of the dbl IC, I don't think any of that stuff is going to increase the power until you get a better cam and some better flowing heads.

David

Last edited:
I dont know really. I have a ported 95 blower, homemade FMIC, 10% OD, UD pulleys, Exhaust, 73mm MAF, CAI. I made 258rwhp 356rwtq. You have a better blower and intake plentum...plus yours is a 5spd. I wouldnt be suprized if it made over 240rwhp

When I had a late model blower with an MP inlet, exhaust, 5% blower pulley, and CAI alone I made 270rwhp and 388rwtq. You should expect something close to that.

As for headers, it depends how good your exhaust system is. An exhaust system that is long and too small for headers will refute their performance.

With all of the mods you mentioned I would say 280-290rwhp. Once you start getting up there, bolt ons won't net you big gains. An MPx with 20+ psi can get you over 300rwhp on a stock longblock, and then heads/cam is the only other beneficial mods with significant gains.

When I had a late model blower with an MP inlet, exhaust, 5% blower pulley, and CAI alone I made 270rwhp and 388rwtq. You should expect something close to that.

As for headers, it depends how good your exhaust system is. An exhaust system that is long and too small for headers will refute their performance.

With all of the mods you mentioned I would say 280-290rwhp. Once you start getting up there, bolt ons won't net you big gains. An MPx with 20+ psi can get you over 300rwhp on a stock longblock, and then heads/cam is the only other beneficial mods with significant gains.

Casey,

To date, I'm not aware of anyone making 300 rwhp with stock heads and cam, unless they were using a twin screw blower.

David

Casey,

To date, I'm not aware of anyone making 300 rwhp with stock heads and cam, unless they were using a twin screw blower.

David

That doesnt mean its not possible. With a mp plentum and 75mm tb on my car with mabey 5% more od I dont think Id be too far off. Id probably be there with a 5spd

David....

What Would Be The Most Rwhp That Could Be Made With A Stock Block Without A Cam? With A 5 Speed And An Auto?

well to start some contreversy, I think I hope to reach that goal, all well wishing for now though. I made 260 at the wheels with no tune, now i got underdrives and alky injection and still no tune, so I guess we'll see when the day comes.

I hope he isn't making more than 250 there, cause that means he'll be running those 30# injectors at darn near 100% duty cycle if he isn't already, and that be bad.

Neibert is right about the fact those addons are not power makers, they are power supporters.

Frit

I hope he isn't making more than 250 there, cause that means he'll be running those 30# injectors at darn near 100% duty cycle if he isn't already, and that be bad.

Neibert is right about the fact those addons are not power makers, they are power supporters.

Frit

BIG TIME...When I was on the dyno, the rear passenger side cylinder was steaming. Blew the HG's a week later. Minimum AFR was 12.8.

That doesnt mean its not possible. With a mp plentum and 75mm tb on my car with mabey 5% more od I dont think Id be too far off. Id probably be there with a 5spd

Anything is possible. It wasn't very long ago that SCs with Coy Miller stage II race motors struggled to break 300 rwhp...and now it's very common to make 350 rwhp.

Big differince between now and then is the advancments in M90 based superchargers, a better understanding of what makes power and what doesn't, and most importantly the ability to tune the motor.

If you don't give the motor some help getting the air in and out, more boost isn't going to make more power. In many cases it will actually make less power.

David

Back