Where does the right O2 sensor's harness lead to?

AlanEdwards

I've got a 94 SC. A couple of years ago I rebuilt the engine and have had a CEL ever since, and I finally realized why. I routed a harness wrong, and didn't plug it in.

It's the harness that goes to the right bank O2 sensor pig tail, the knock sensor, and something that goes to the starter I think. I think it goes up and plugs in somewhere behind the intake/blower area, but I'm not sure.

I removed the throttle cable mount, the wiper arms, cowl, and a couple of other things to see if I could get my hand back there to feel around. I wanted to see if I could find the plug without removing the blower, etc. Well, no pay off. I couldn't see, reach, or find CRAP, as far as a plug for the harness to go into. I could get my hand back there a very little bit, but not by much.

What I want to know is, from someone who knows the 94 harness set-up (if it's any different than earlier years), is this the area where the harness goes up and plugs into something? I want to know because I'm about to remove the blower and would hate to do this and NOT find the plug for the harness back there.

Thanks,
Alan

Last edited:
Bumpity bump.

Come on guys. 32 views and no one knows this answer? There's got to be someone that knows where this harness leads to.

I've got another question. Where is the PCM on my '94 SC? My factory manual says it's on the "RH side cowl" (RH= right hand). What is the RH side cowl. The only cowl I know is the 2 halves of the cowl under the wiper arms, but that's not what the book is talking about, I don't think. HELP please.

Thanks much,
Alan

PCM is in the kick panel high up on the inner fender. If you drop the glove box all the way you can see it back in there. (passenger side) But you need to pull the kick panel to get the connector off.

Harness.. we'll I dunno. Don't recall any connectors behind the blower on my 93.

On my 94 the RH O2 sensor is plugged into a harness that runs along the oil pan area ond includes the oil level sensor goes forward and plugs into a connector attatched to the frame rail around the area of the jackshaft pulley. Hope that helps.

LOL, so it was routed correctly. Thanks much, for I was about to pull the blower tomorrow.

Now, tell me this. I've heard time and time again the words jackshaft pulley on here. I know it's something to do with the pulleys up in front of the engine, but I don't know what exactly it is. What is the jackshaft pulley and where is the jackshaft pulley?

I'm so freakin' happy to hear that it's supposed to plug in up front and not behind the intake area. Now I will start looking for it up there, once I find out where the jackshaft pully is, LOL.

Whew!!!

Thanks,
Alan

Last edited:
I found out where it is on another post I submitted, a post dedicated just for the jackshaft. It's the pulley that runs the belt going to the blower. Thanks Jim Demmitt Jr. And Thanks Garsc and Mike on this post.

Alan

Last edited:
I found the O2 sensor harness connector exactly where garsc told me it is: on the frame, right beside the jackshaft pulley. Thanks so much dude!!!

And, MY CEL IS OUT!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Thanks again,
Alan

Your welcome glad i could be of help. Coincidently last week while I was assembling my car I saw that connector laying on the frame rail couldnt remember disconecting it or where it came from.After a few minutes of looking I remembered it from when I put the motor in the car a couple of years ago. Dont feel bad there is a lot of things to deal with on these cars even for us (profesionals).

Back