Worth grabbing?

AX-MAN

My neighbor has a 94 LX V6 with 73,000 miles, blown HG, and wants to know if I want it....is there anything on this car that's worth grabbing or holding onto? I do not own a 94/95 SC so nothing would be interchangeable with my old body style right? Looks like the car has been sitting for a while, but it says it has cold AC.....or did at least.

Is there water in the oil? If not, then I would take it and replace the gaskets and sale it. Use that money to help support the ongoing SC money pit. But thats just me.

If you are getting it for free, or even $150.00 it would be worth looking at.....

You could go ahead and do a HG job and have a nice running car that you could sell, or at the very least, you could make your money back selling it to a scrap yard....

Id pass on it or take some parts off it and junk it....Scrap cars I think are still about $210 a ton...So about $420....Take whatever you want throw some scrap laying around and send it on its way.....

My thoughts are you cant drive two at once and then youll want to mod the other one....Probably want a SC motor for it within months..Or a 351 or 302..Maybe gut it and drag race it... Then youll want a truck and trailer to tow it...Or youll decide to give it to your girl...But youll actually be the one that drives it.....It turns out to be a money distraction.

I still fight the urge....Id rather have a 4x4 play truck to mud around at local events..A motorcycle for those nice days a daily driver thats great on gas for work and my SC when I want to go big pimpin.....

Jason you read me like a $3.00 grocery store novel.....I was already thinking about a Windsor transplant from you know where. I went back yesterday to talk to him and it was already gone....a blessing in disguise no doubt. He was asking $500 by the way.

Bit late.. But as of now.. i own 4 MN12's.. it's like `which money pit to i put my money into THIS month? '

and 3 of them are `projects' the latest is suppose to be a fix it up and sell it for profit, even possibly give said proceeds of selling it to a Children's Charity.. But we'll see. So far i want to fix it, maybe drive it for this summer then have the fun of trying to sell a car that needs 94 octane with Gas prices as they are :)

Id pass on it or take some parts off it and junk it....Scrap cars I think are still about $210 a ton...So about $420....Take whatever you want throw some scrap laying around and send it on its way.....

Where are you getting $210 a ton for scrap metal ???? They pay 3 cents a pound here ...

- Dan

Month of April in Seneca Falls NY we were getting $210 a ton for scrap cars..

Thats dirty weight with tires and fluid in it.....May is $180 or 190 for dirty weight........Chevy Luminas are the best...Their used cats are $95 a piece cut out of the car....96 and up......Needless to say there arent too many old or junk vehicles left around my area.....At the police autions businesses are bidding $450 a car...No start no run no title.....These guys take all the cores(Rad/Alternators/starters/carbs/ac) etc and get $5-30 each item...Then still scrap the car for $300-$500 clean....

For a month thats all my buddy and myself did on Saturdays....3 cars=$1000 for 8 hours of mostly driving.....

Local yards here are paying 220 a ton - cats are going for 50 a pair off the t-bird. These are prices I got quoted less than 2 weeks ago.

Makes me think it'd be better to take some parts off the cougar, sell them here, and scrap the rest of the car.

Back