oil pressure craziness

dcae

Ok. . the other day my car started acting crazy. If I let it idle, it would quickly drop RPMs and die. Following would be a rough start. After some aggrivation and troubleshooting, I realized that there was a noise coming from the EGR valve. If looking at the engine, the little hose that offshoots to the left from the egr valve was undone. Bought a clamp, hooked it up. It is running alot better now, however, it is still being hard to start, and my idle fluctuates. Normal, down low. . back to normal. Everytime it drops, the oil pressure drops all the way, and when it goes to normal the oil pressure follows suit. I think that I may need a new EGR valve, but not positive. When I had the whole bar setup off the engine, I noticed the EGR was able to spin freely. Maybe it isn't sealing up properly? I donno guys, any opinions would be appreciated. I saw a similar post to this but I think this is a different animal.

Thanks for the help.

(also, I know the supercharger is leaking, but I do not think this is related. got a new one waiting to throw on)

The idle has calmed down, but still having hard starts. Gotta tap the gas a little when I turn the key. Takes a sec.

Back