PDA

View Full Version : New Thermo Liquid IC unit in final build stages

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Thermo IC unit

We are in the final stages of build of the new Thermo liquid IC unit to be tested on the "Silver Bullet" Dan and Bob working with Ziler Tech Lab came up with FHTC 527-R liquid its red in color and as it cerculates gets colder without any type of chilling. Heggerman Fabrication is building the liquid IC unit Dan will be using other units on his Turbo Pro 5.0 Mustangs as well. We all feel the car will move closer to the 8 second range that our goal is set at. We will have it installed before going to the Oregon match races

Special thanks to my girl friends father Don Cooper Top Fuel Hydro racer for helping tracking down interested sponsors with the funds to move forward on this project as a Top Alcohol Hydro will be using an intercooler with the same FHTC 527-R Liquid with DFE IC unit. As a tribute to Cindy with all her effort I added her picture in left hand corner of all my posts

Also will be looking into testing for future Top Fuel Hydro license we are looking into running an AR Boss 429 Top Fuel Hydro. Yes another drag racer going drag boats

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Shake Test

I went by Dan's shop today see how his all aluminum 427 Cobra project is going with his new fuel injection. He had an Army alumimum Canteen filled with FHTC 527-R he was doing the shake test with other shop workers and me. I shook the canteen twice and had to drop it just about froze my right hand that quick. It gets to freezing temp but remains as a liquid those Chem Lab Techs are smart and high dollar. I cant waite to get the new liquid IC unit installed that will drop the et's down a bunch we went as far as we could with the Carl's Custom double IC we been running sence 2001

dwayne
05-19-2008, 01:58 AM
you going to pilot a drag boat.cool.

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-19-2008, 08:43 PM
you going to pilot a drag boat.cool.

Pap

Yes going after my IHBA & NDBA T/F license in "Bankshot" Top Fuel Hydro with TFX Hemi power. Bill Myers and Chico Vashini want to build a Ford Boss Hemi Top Fuel Hydro with my racing background the life risking side of dont bother me it looks like a fun challenge to shoot for the IHBA & NDBA championship. Cindys father in full suport and will be learning from him