PDA

View Full Version : MPII vs S port

XxSlowpokexX
05-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Well It seems I get the same boost or maybe even a lb more all other thigs beig equal with my sport over my mpII

Just thought Id throw that out there

CMac89
05-18-2008, 07:37 PM
MPII will support more OD, which, in the long run, means that you will make more HP with the MPII.

S-Port blower's porting will create good boost at a lower RPM, but won't match the MPII's VE at higher RPM's and more OD.

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-18-2008, 08:21 PM
MPII will support more OD, which, in the long run, means that you will make more HP with the MPII.

S-Port blower's porting will create good boost at a lower RPM, but won't match the MPII's VE at higher RPM's and more OD.

MP vs S-Port

The Magnuson S-port at 26% overdrive we made more boost than an MP 2 it all depends on your setup as well not just what blower you have. We ran well with the S-Port Magnuson well into the low 12's. You all need to do in depth research and testing before making a statement toward any blower and not knowing its full boost gain when you run hard and use a number of blowers you tend to learn what is best and what is not. We used a blower dyno with hours of testing to come up with an M90 to make enough boost to run as quick as we have. S-Port are good just need to OD them to gain its 100% boost level

bigpoppa822
05-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Damon, how much OD were you running and what were the boost numbers?

XxSlowpokexX
05-18-2008, 10:24 PM
I had 12% OD approximately and the MP tensioner springs.

This is on a car with an MP inlet 85mm TB 90 mm MAF a healthy cam and mildly ported heads with a SPearco replacement IC. Usure how much more OD or revving I need to see a difference but I am already revving close to 5600

My MPII self destructed last week so I was able to compare.

Car feels the same so it really isnt much an observable difference.

Thats about all I have to report. I never just swapped a blower with all other things being the same. My understadig is the S port will perform better at lower RPM's due to rotor timing. This is a real S port and not a partial or even complet ecopy if that would make a difference

Tis all

92bird
05-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Do they both have rotor coating? Condition of the coating??

I know several GTP guys who stripped their coating to run nitrous and lost a solid 1 lb of boost by doing so.

XxSlowpokexX
05-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Well the sport comes with rotor coatings and the MPII has what I currently call collided rotors!

But no I didnt reuse my stock 94 rotor pack with teh mpII so they were uncoated.

That could very well of accounted for the extra 1psi. Now unless the ACT's are lower Id assume 1psi is 1 psi..If the S port starts boosting earlier however it be a better choice for me ..REgardless Im stuck with it!