Rod bearings,holes or no holes????

91BlackBird

Hey guys i'm in the middle of replacing my rod and main bearing as preventive maintance as my engine is out of the car.
My questions are these:my factory rod bearings have oiling holes in them as do my rods to allow for oil to be shot up to the back side of the pistons and wrist pins,the aftermarket ones i got do not,they are solid,Also i know #4 main bearing is a different size than the rest,#4 is the rear bearing correct???
I just went back to the parts store and they say that all the rod bearings 3.8l or sc are the same and they showed me different manufactures and they all list the same sc or non,only the mains differ which i already know and have the correct set for.
Iguess it was a running change in l8tr year to eliminate the oil squirting holes???
Any info would be appreciated.

The squirter holes were not present in all years of the SC rods. Are yours Federal-Mogul 3/4 groove bearings? I believe the holes were in the pressed pin years. Full floaters don't get a squirter. My guess would be is that they just don't care if the squirter is in place anymore. when I look at the Federal Mogul catalog, they do list the same bearing 82 through 95.

They are sealed power std size bearings,i put them in as i thought it was just a running change in the l8tr sc's which i'm sure is what it is.
Thanks for the reply though.

Back