Bled front brakes now calipers are locked up??

rzimmerl

I just put on PBR dual piston calipers and used the mustang bango bolt. I vac bled the fronts while having the auto fill resevoir in, so it wouldnt run dry. So I vac'd them until new fluid was coming out, then I went and pumped up the brakes and they locked up. I cannot get them to turn with the rim on. I started the car thinking maybe it would help but it didnt and sucked all the fluid from the resevoir, the resevoir was full before i started the car. I am lost, is it my calipers or did I do something to the ABS system?????

I went out pumped up the brakes again. PS I can take a pry bar and move the caliper pistons enough to free them up, DS I can do the same thing but its a little harder. These were junkyard calipers and the pistons were kinda hard to push back in especially the DS, i did this with them off before installation of the brake lines. Gonna pull them back off push in the pistons and reinstall again. I think I just got some bad calipers, anybody else?

junk yard calapers,if pistons are hard to push back in with a c clamp,they are bad,if so just leave them off and get new ones.

If they are JY calipers, you may want to rebuild them. They could have some rust causing them to be hard. At the least, take them apart and see what shape there in.

got the DS caliper off. Ran some shop air only 1 piston came out, the other one won;t budge. There was some corosion on the inner bore of the caliper. Glad I paid $25 for these things, guess its time for some rebuilt ones from Advance.

Got some reman calipers from Ford today, wish they would have had the new ones in stock since they were only $6 more. I post up later tonite when I get them on and rebleed the entire system.

Back