popping sound when turning??

jjm983

im trying to figure out why my 89 will make a popping sound from the front wheels when i turn the corner. i replaced the tie rod ends with no success. and im wanting some advice before i go any further. i dont think its the bearings because it will only pop one time and it wont do it again untill i turn in the oppisite direction. im hoping this is a common problem and someone can tell me what it might be. thanks

Last edited:
im trying to figure out why my 89 will make a popping sound from the front wheels when i turn the corner. i replaced the tie rod ends with no success. and im wanting some advice before i go any further. i dont think its the bearings because it will only pop one time and it wont do it again untill i turn in the oppisite direction. im hoping this is a common problem and someone can tell me what it might be. thanks

Sometimes it is just the bolts that hold the K member to the body are loose

Ken

Also could be the upper control arms/ball joints. Jack the car up, put 1 hand on the upper ball joint/spindle connection then rotate the wheel back and forth sharply changing direction. If you can feel a 'clunk' in the ball joint, get a new upper arm.

Back