94 BHJ Balancer

scfix92

ok guys have just been told this a 89-93 bhj I bought it from Bill at scp for a 94 sc motor and it went on perfectly with the bhj tool an the car ran great untill tesuper charger started knocking (shouldhave rebuilt it too) I just wanted to have it verified because the pics look the same on scp
Thankyou

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

Looks like an earlier balancer. My 94-95 BHJ did not have the sheet metal for the crack sensor but it had holes so I can mount my trigger ring instead.

that is the trigger ring we put on I was parting out another 92 t the same time as rebuilding the 94 I must hav gotten confusedwhen I put it together cause the citywas all over me for havingthese 2 cars in the yard for 2 weeks so I got rushed here are pics with it off and the 94 ring next to it thankyou man I wonder why it worked must have been luck
DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00354-1.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah thats a 94. You should have had a check engine light for a crank sensor if you used the wrong balancer. :confused:

are there any part number or casting marks on that BHJ?

I think its possible for the 94 balancer to work on the 92 assuming the crank trigger physically fits in the 94 balancer. Unless im mistaking, the 94 timing chain cover has provisions to put the early style crank sensor...so if the crank trigger fits and the balancer is aligned with the vains...it should work properly........in theory.....:D

Ok its been areally long day I appreciate all the help and input I am so thankfull and Dave I will cntact you if the transaction tat is pending falls through, thankyou so much again.

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

Keep in mind with your current transaction that the balancer you have posted pics of is NOT a 94-5 balancer and will NOT work on that car. I have need for an 89-93 balancer and am interested in purchasing the unit pictured above. I am aware that it is not a 94/5 balancer and would purchase with that understanding.

Keep in mind with your current transaction that the balancer you have posted pics of is NOT a 94-5 balancer and will NOT work on that car. I have need for an 89-93 balancer and am interested in purchasing the unit pictured above. I am aware that it is not a 94/5 balancer and would purchase with that understanding.

What do you mean it was puchased from Bill for my 94 sc and just came off of that same motor, theres not much can do but are you saying Bill sent me the wrong one for the car and it was a miracle that my Supercharger went out so it wouldnt screw it up

Xr-7 Dave I am not trying to argue I am now just as confused as before because of what I stated and I am contacting BHJ asap to figure this out, Dave if that is then I will sell it to you asap, I know you are more than likely right because you have helped me alot in the past you know your stuff basically. So give me till around 4-5 today and I will let you know if I will have to do that. I am thinking you are right because Bill thinks that its odd too and probably a 89-93 too.

You will have to be more specific Dave, Post #1 shows pictures of a 89-93 Balancer and Post #3 Shows pictures of what it seems like a 94-95 Balancer.

Are you confusing the pics?

Both pics show the same balancer. The pictures are just showing different exciter rings for the crank sensor. Apparantly both rings have the same bolt pattern. The balancers are different between the early and late styles. I believe the later models have the bosses that mount the ring higher than the old sheet metal ring.

You'll need the correct balancer for your model, regardless of whether or not the ring will fit. I believe Mike Puckett had an old post where he had a stock late model balancer machined to accept the older style sheet metal ring.

Ill crawl back into my shell now :eek:
I though he had two balancers. If thats the case maybe some spacer washer can bring up the exciter to its proper aligment.

Hey I just got off the phone with Todd from BHJ it is a 89-93 Harmonic balancer so Dave it is yours I had them look up the serial

The 94 balancer has stand offs for the exciter ring and therefore it is completely impossible that one could be used on the other. The bolt pattern for the rings is the same but the alignment to the crank sensor is totally different. You got the wrong balancer in the first place (as BHJ has confirmed for you). It happens. :eek:

Back