IC Fan Install

franky_402

i got my ic fan from spinning wheels today, ive searched the forums and the article on mn12 was for a fan with a wiring kit. The fan i recieved was the 8" with just a power and ground. I dont want the fan running on a switch just as soon as the car starts i want the fan running. Also do you guys think i should fuse the fan, what would be the most reliable, and easiest wire to tap in to for the power. I somewhat tested the fan tonight but connecting the ground eyelet to the ic bolt and the power on the battery and put it on the ic where it will go and my hand was nice and toasty. It seems the fan works pretty damn good and i also just bought a infrared thermal gun to check everything out. Also should i remove the black rubber thingy that attaches to the rear of the ic and connects to the bracket on the rad.

Here's a diagram I found some time ago. You could also run the power wire for the relay off of the positive battery post as well.

Attachments

• IC Fan.gif
    IC Fan.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 710
Due to the fact that the IC fan only draws about 7a or less you can wire directly to many ignition power sources. One is in the daytime running lights harness.

I'm pretty sure the fan Spinningwheels sells is the Permacool fan.

Yes it is the permacool fan from spinningwheels-sc its under a few different categories, i know its under the cooling category and is listed as an 8" ic fan!! Also the link posted to mn12 was the one i had already seen but its mainly for the fan that came with a wiring harness

Back