PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it ...

jleopold
05-24-2008, 12:19 AM
I don't seem to understand why people are mad about a 9 second run time?

I see all this mud slinging and stuff but did I miss something ?

My quarter mile is like... 20 seconds...

I'm super badddd !!!!

--- now that is silly :-)

ha ha ha ha ...

Nice job Jim... now can you fix my ride ???

:-)

Matter of fact... your run times might help the Foose cause...

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks John

I appreciate respect like this for our hard work and effort running that quick it helped get SCCoA noticed and gained respect for the SC as a performance car. I am tired of all this negitive response you never see in any other racing or car club forum its sad not to us but to others just looking into this site

John do you have the heads off your car?

jleopold
05-25-2008, 08:45 PM
oh...not yet...

I'm still wondering how and what to take off first... actually, I'm clearing a space in the garage so I can work good. I think I'll have to work on this car in the driveway piece by piece and that kinda spooks me... it's easy to forget where you last left off when you have to close the hood every night outdoors.

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-25-2008, 08:55 PM
oh...not yet...

I'm still wondering how and what to take off first... actually, I'm clearing a space in the garage so I can work good. I think I'll have to work on this car in the driveway piece by piece and that kinda spooks me... it's easy to forget where you last left off when you have to close the hood every night outdoors.

John

If you get her tore down get the heads off I can have LJ's Mike Yoman re-build them at my racer cost price plus parts. I am getting ready to go to Oregon with the Silver Bullet in a two event match race if you have them off when I get back well get them done. I can come over install them and show you how. I think I got an extra set of ARP head studs if not need to get a set keep me up to date

jleopold
05-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Awesome...

Actually, I spoke to Victor at Spinning and he said I should examine the oil to see if there is water in it... he said that if there is no water, it may only be acting like a head gasket leak but could be sometime else... so I'm doing that little test first by checking the lower oil pan oil ( about a quart) and see if I get separation...

Now... taking things off the car... that's what spooks me... like linkages and hidden bolts etc...

Miller
05-27-2008, 12:57 AM
if you can take them off, you can put them back on. .. start at the top and work your way down. pull boltss off, put them in bags labeled for each part...the wiring harness can pretty much only go in one place. The vac lines u can pretyt much just slap on as long as u remember if it was in the intake or the return side. Its easy stuff its just scary the first time. just gotta man uphttp://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/lyli11er/Picture258.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/lyli11er/Picture093.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/lyli11er/Picture141.jpg

The first one was my first time, on my own car. a little over a year ago. Then I did damons ( 2nd pic ) and now im finishing up my 3rd, Want2learnbirds) , and took about 1/4 the time.

jleopold
05-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Uhhhh....
Dude... where's my car ( tee hee hee)

Okay... it looks like open heart surgury... but I trust you.

So... now in the front of these pictures, did you remove

Water pump
AC
radiator
etc ?

and is that a website you linked below ?

What did you use for a book ...

And... that last picture looks really nice...did you paint up some stuff while the car was open or did you pre-paint or anything ?

Miller
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
you only have to take off the front like that to change the cam. if you are just changing HG's you can get away with just sliding the accessory brackets forward, but its easy enough to just take them off so you dont fight around them....

For a book, I use the sccoa search. everything you can think to ask about the job, is there. Including step-by-step write ups.
yes, i clean then paint everything..