EEC removal Issue

BirdofPrey97

So, trying to get the EEC unplugged, because for the Tune Dave has to plug in his cables and they go between the harness and the EEC. Well, the bolt just spins, so I took the cover off the EEC and sure enough the end of bolt is spinning as well, so there isnt a broken bolt.

Betting the nylon that holds the nut stripped and the entire bolt and nut are just spinning in there.

Anyone know how to get to the nut without breaking the EEC?

Damn that sucks, can you use a power tool and try to spin at an angle maybe? You know so it catches enough to come un-done. best of luck

The bolt is 10mm.. gently pry the connector bundle down a bit with a screwdriver, hold pressure on it and turn the bolt a few turns. Keep doing this until it comes off.

Last option... maybe someone has a picture of the connector and could measure nut position. Then maybe take a small drill bit and poke a hole though the connector that you can place a paper clip through to put pressure against the nut, or jam against the nut.

On my drag racer the bolt came completely out and the connector is stuck in the socket and won't budge. I can't get it off at all and I'm affraid I'll screw it up completely if I force it. You can pull the eec out of its holder with cable still attached without unplugging it to expose the service port on the other side. It takes a bit of manuevering but it will come out if the little green hex head screw that acts like a clamp is removed from the holder.

Back