cam grind

MtDewd

It's time to grind the cam on the new motor. I am going with 222 @.050 with 500 lift. I was wondering if I went with 520 lift would that be too much. Would it benifit me at all to go to 520?

I have 204/208 int/exh duration on mine with .519 lift. I just completed an engine rebuild with lots of goodies. IT runs great, and idles great as well. I'd go for it. But you seem to have quite a bit of duration...are you planning on doing a lot of racing?

The car will see many days at the track. Just wanted to know if the lift might be too much. Don't want to be bangin valves and pistons or have the springs not be able to handle that much lift. Thanks for the advice! Anyone else with a similar cam let me know how it works for you. Thanks!

Last edited:
I run a .573 lift with no trouble. You will need to run different valve springs and have the heads machined. I am not sure if any mods to the valve train are required for a .522 lift cam.

Well I've got

A .230 duration with a .590 lift and it works great. Nice lopy cam that is kind of big for the bottom end but it helps to keep traction for me. I also have a 3200 stall though. You will also need different springs for the cam and push rods for the regrind. Should be good for 12's but I haven't tuned the puter.

Back