Wheel Spacers

ELSC

Hey everyone,
I have a 94 SC and purchased 17" cobra wheels fro the custom wheel shop. The fronts are rubbbing against the spindles. I did a search and noticed I will need spacers. What size spacer should I purchase, and any recomendations on where to purchase them? Thanks for any info
Brian

You can use the generic ones from the parts stores. Or you can see if they make hub centric ones that are the exact width that you need.
The ones in the parts stores are cheap and will get you by, till you get some nice ones.

A little juming of the gun here...:confused:

Just got off the phone with Brian a few minutes ago. Sounds as though he has some failing control arm bushings.

For anyone else who just threw spacers at their rub issues here is a lil tidbit of info to possibly help resolve the issue.

If the wheels don't rub with the car going in a strait line and negotiating normal/gentle turns, BUT they do while turning Full Lock left or Right your Control Arm Bushings are suspect...

Brians issue is: When going in a strait line or fade/gentle turns there is no rubbing. When deflecting the wheels full left or right they RUB...Well this is a classic example of the control arms bushings failing.

This is a RIGID ASSEMBLY with no allowances for movement. The distance between the control arms and the wheel SHOULD NEVER CHANGE when simply making a turn or at any other time for that matter.

So...I can only hope I guess that people read this far down to see that we don't sell shizz that rubs...:rolleyes:

Many Cheers to everyone.

Brad

Back