Sometimes it's the easy things

the-big-e

I have to move my fleet of SCs to another location......:mad:

The 3 SCs and 1 LX that have to be moved right now were in running condition when they were parked early last spring.....

I got a jump box as an early Father's Day present, so I hooked it up to my white 92 and she started right up and purred like a kitten.....:D

I might have to keep this one, but the paint sceme is some what feminine.....

I went over to the silver 92 and it would crank, but no start.....:mad:

Tried it on the white 90 and the same thing, it would crank, but no start.....:mad::mad:

Went over to the LX and she started, but had a rough idle and wouldn't keep running with out giving it partial throttle....:confused:

I found out that the main belt tensioner had locked up and was dragging the motor down.....:rolleyes:

I took a tensioner wheel from one of the scrap tensioners in my parts pile :rolleyes: and put it on the engine, but it didn't fit quite right....

It was a little too wide for this application, so I found a washer that would give me some off-set and the pulley spun freely....

The LX cranked right up and it to ran perfectly.....:D

Too bad I don't have title to this one......:(

After searching around the engine bay of the white 90, I found the problem of the no start.....

I had taken the IRCM out to have it tested and never put it back in....:rolleyes:

I installed an IRCM from my parts collection and she fired right off spewing trans fluid everywhere, because I had also taken the radiator out.....:rolleyes:

After probing around the silver 92 and numerous trys at cranking, the engine finally caught for a second, but quit as soon as I let pressure off the ignition switch......:confused:

I messed with the switch for a little bit and she would crank and run, but you had to hold the switch just right, or she would quit.....:p

Naturally, I also have a few of those in my parts bin, but I'll have to wait for the weekend to fix her.....:p

Who said these cars are difficult to work with......:cool:

Last edited:
Nope.....

My brother raped my dad's company to the bone and now we have to sell everything at auction and move out.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back