Ford trunk mount 10 disc CD player

the-big-e

Don't know if this will work in a SC.....

But if you want it, let me know.....

Attachments

• CD player 001.jpg
    CD player 001.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 464
It would be going into the Blue car Ira.
As long as I can make it work. Do you have the Changer and need one for back up or are you going to try to retrofit?

It would be going into the Blue car Ira.
As long as I can make it work. Do you have the Changer and need one for back up or are you going to try to retrofit?

Retrofit. I have the stock JBL system in the '94 and the CD player keeps messing up. I figured if I could get a changer for the trunk I wouldn't have to worry about trying to find (another) full dash unit. I like the way the stock unit looks in the dash and I've been through 3 of these already looking for one where the CD player actually still works right.

You're probably right though, this doesn't solve my problem if it needs to be rewired and such. Probably just easier to slap in another unit until I find one that works right. The price on this one was just right.

Ira

I have the schematics at home for the CD changer and I would need make or find what looks like two harnesses to make it work. But I also have an old Sony CD changer in the same spot. If I cannot make it work I would only use the nice trim that the factory comes with and take the face off the unit and swap it, and maintain the Sony controller wire as oposed to the Ford wires.
But if my plans fail I will sell it forward.

I have the schematics at home for the CD changer and I would need make or find what looks like two harnesses to make it work. But I also have an old Sony CD changer in the same spot. If I cannot make it work I would only use the nice trim that the factory comes with and take the face off the unit and swap it, and maintain the Sony controller wire as oposed to the Ford wires.
But if my plans fail I will sell it forward.

Thanks guy. Let's see how it works out. In the meantime I shall continue my search.

Ira

Back