keyless entry

Thunder8289

Reseting Factory Keyless Entry
In order to reset the codes for the keyless entry fob, you have to look into the trunk.

There should be a module on the left side under the trunk matting by the fuel pump shutoff switch. You have to open that up and there should be two posts that are not connected.

You have to jump the gap with a paper clip or something, then the locks will pop up and down.

Press a button(any button) on the key fob and they should pop up and down again.

You have now reset the code.

I found this on another site and I was wondering if this means that you can change your code.I do not know the code for my keyless entry and the numbers are not in the trunk because the car was painted by the previous owner.Does anybody know how to program a new code if you don't know the old one?

Keyless entry codes

Follow the instructions to get at the keyless entry module. Remove it from the bracket & look on the back, you will find the original access code. Once you have this, you can create another access code. Keep in mind that the original code cannot be erased, so it will always work. Also, if the module ever loses power, (dead battery, etc) the original code is the only one that will work. All others will be erased, so you'll have to reprogram them in again. I have to look for the instructions on how to create a new code, but it is all done through the keypad. Email me if you want them.

SC

Here's another way to try:
I doubt they removed these before they painted.
Look in your trunk on the lid support tubes. Probably on the right lift, there should be a sticker with a 5 digit code.

Too bad. You'll have to get the code off the keyless module itself.
It is located in the trunk, on the left hand side. Look on the "wall" next to the fuel shut off switch. It is behind a wedge shaped cover. There is a diagram of which is which on the back of the wedge.

Programming alternate keyless entry codes

To program your own code:
1. Enter the factory original code.
2. Within 5 seconds, press the 1/2 button.
3. Select five digits for your personal code. Within 5 seconds of pressing the 1/2 button, enter your personal code, pressing each digit within 5 seconds of the previous digit.
The keyless system registers this second code. You can use either code to open the vehicle.

To erase your personal code:
1. Enter the factory original code.
2. Press the 1/2 button.
3. Wait 6 seconds.
The keyless system erases this second code.

For obvious reasons, (thieves and other mental pigmys could easily figure them out), you should avoid selecting codes that present the numbers in a sequential order (12345, etc.), or using the same button 5 times. (12211: 34344; 55566; 78887; or 90990)

SC

thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's help. I did find the access code in the trunk located on the back of the module...there sure are a lot of wires in there. I now don't have to worry about locking my keys in the car which is a common problem for me. I can't get out of the habit of accidently having my stereo remote in my hand and and leaving the keys on the seat. Duh!

Back