how much overdrive is safe

blownbird2

hey guys thanks to manny i know have ported blower and plenum but the motor felt peppier went i was running a stock blower and a 10% pulley now with my manny blower and a 5% it just doesnt have it. thats why i was wondering how much OD is safe to run. iv got a full exhuast now id just like to see more boost and a tune
thanks for any help
matt

A tune is always good, but I would put a fan on the IC and the 10% on the blower, or a 5% jackshaft with your 5% pulley would be the same you should be fine at 10% with a good exhaust with the stock tune. Depending on other mods you may need injectors and a fuel pump then a tune is def recommended.

i have a ic fan, maf, tb, injector and pump. i see that scp have a JS overdrive i guess ill get one of them then i just need to find a tune with someone i can trust with an sc. iv had my sc in williamsport before i love the hills up there

hey guys thanks to manny i know have ported blower and plenum but the motor felt peppier went i was running a stock blower and a 10% pulley now with my manny blower and a 5% it just doesnt have it. thats why i was wondering how much OD is safe to run. iv got a full exhuast now id just like to see more boost and a tune
thanks for any help
matt

What model blower did you get from Manny and what was on the car before....late model, early model, MPIII clone ect..? Why are you running less overdrive than you had ? How much boost were you getting before and what are you getting now ?

David

Im not even sure which one i sent i think it was a early model with vee work and inlet opened to top a combo early late model

thats the samething you sent me manny. in that pic.i was running a early model with a steel 10%. but i wanted to ditch the steel so i bought a scp alum. 5%. the stock blower on really cold days i saw 15 pounds once or twice. now 11 or 12 if im lucky.

you cant compare a blower using different pulleys you should se what a mpx makes with 5% pulley the more a blower is ported the more over drive it needs but the cooler the charge and more air it flows try the 10% pulley and then post the results if not saisfied ill exchange you a totally stock m90 .

the one i sent you is a copy of the one i had on my sc when i went 13:40s i then went to S port and went 13:22 its a good design for a early blower i could be converted to mpiii style but that like the mpx needs 20% or more over drive to work right.

ive since changed the vee out let to that like the mpx but its not a biggy boost wise anything is better than stock vee .

Last edited:
thats the samething you sent me manny. in that pic.i was running a early model with a steel 10%. but i wanted to ditch the steel so i bought a scp alum. 5%. the stock blower on really cold days i saw 15 pounds once or twice. now 11 or 12 if im lucky.

Suggest you put your 10% steel pulley back on.

David

i'd put the 10% back on and then buy a 5% jackshaft pulley. u need ur boost to be at 15psi or so .

Back