What do you put in your center console ash tray?

What do you put in your center console ash tray?

• Cigarette butts

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Spare change

Votes: 53 36.1%
  • Garbage

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 34 23.1%
  • Nothing

Votes: 37 25.2%

• Total voters

Evan_90SC

What do you put in your center console ash tray? (The front one.) I put all my spare coin in mine...Just emptied it out tonight because it was filled to the top, and I came out with $15.60...Not too bad...:D My previous record was a little over $10. :cool:

Last edited:
I lay the remote control for my in trunk CD changer on top of the tray. Keeps it handy. The in trunk unit can only be run with the remote.

I usually put spare change in there.....

About a month ago, I emptied the ash tray and found a few "items" left over from my younger years......;)

Stainless panel with four switches: nitrous illuminated purge switch, alky system pwr, bottle warmer, secondary nitrous safety pwr switch.

spare change and in the plastic casing under the lid i have a small switch mounted for my amplifier!!!

Here's what I did:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=282937&postcount=9

attachment.php

I put cig butts in mine, guess i'm a wierdo, lol.

No, I'M a wierdo; I don't put anything at all in mine. I have an NOS tray, and it's all nice and shiney and perfect, and I don't want to scuff it all up. How anal is that?!?... : )

JD

PS: Kurt, that switch panel is awesome. Shoot some black wrinkle paint on that, and it'd look factory!

Mine is nice and shiny too.. Only thing goes in there is the slack of my radar detector's cord!! gotta love the cobra! its saved my asss a few times!

I installed my nitrous remote bottle opener and arming switches in the ashtray slot on my '94 sc.

Attachments

• nitrous switch.jpg
    nitrous switch.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 389
now can you put that in the members forum on how to do that please:D give me a plane for the weekend
I'll put it right here.

1) Spend several pre-work hours modeling the complex curves of the ashtray opening in Pro-E. Cutting out paper templates and testing them nightly.

2) Send model file to the CNC programmer at work to program in his "spare time".

3) Ask the photolab guy if I can use some of the extra space on the sheets of adhesive backed .003 thick photographic aluminum and have him shoot the image.

4) Run a test run (photographic aluminum image stuck to the aluminum) and see how it looks.

5) Stick the photographic aluminum image to another piece of aluminum and then run the "production" piece

6) File to fit because the paper templates still weren't perfect.

7) Drill tiny holes in the lower corners to attach the plate to the console.

And before you ask:

1) That job was 2 jobs ago and I don't have access to the CNC machine, photographic aluminum or Pro-E cad program (although I probably still have the file that I'll never be able to find if I try).

2) I also have no idea where to find the blank switch plate that I cut out prior to the final run.

why put your amp on a switch ?

It's my quick kill switch, if were cruising around and we see a cop coming up i flip the lid and the amp shuts down immediatly. Then when its safe flip the switch again. Im the only one of my friends thats never got caught with there system pretty much. Also handy if parents drive the car they can turn the bass off and i dont have to explain complicated ways through the headunit!! It makes life that much easier!

No, I'M a wierdo; I don't put anything at all in mine. I have an NOS tray, and it's all nice and shiney and perfect, and I don't want to scuff it all up. How anal is that?!?... : )

I didn't buy a NOS ashtray but I did use mothers mag an aluminum polish on my gently used ashtray(thanks to previous owner) and it looks almost just as good as new. Nice and shiny.

Nothing in mine either unless unless I take apart my console and throw some screws in their temporarily! My pusher fan switch is hidden underneath the ashtray though, in the same spot where the previous owner hid his plastic bag of goodies. lol

Last edited:
Back