What Tools You Bring To Shootouts?

CMac89

Just for gits and shiggles, let's see what tools or extra car parts you bring just in case something goes wrong (even if not) with your SC.:)

Well.....when I was only pushing 300whp I didn't bring anything. I think this year I'm pretty much just going to bring them all....but in my truck, because I plan on getting a trailer....oh and a jack.

Basically a full screwdriver and ratchet set, torque wrench, laptop, palm pilot....um....oh yeah and a jack.

I will be filling my trunk with spare parts from my parts car. Half shafts/blower/rad/I/C etc, etc. Hey, the LX is good for something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the tools.
an extra full bottle
lots of electrical connections, seems everytime im away from here i need something, ill even bring the soldering iron.
probably the generator and air tank with the impact and a few air tools
ill probably pickup an extra axle or 2 before then

I might fly into Memphis just to get my tool box full of goodies. Everything you need to work on an SC, minus the TQ wrench and air tools.

The one thing I didn't bring last year that I needed was an axle nut socket (36mm, I think). I will be bringing at least 2 spare axles this year and several new axle nuts (I still owe Tony one from last year).

Floor jack, jack stands, lots of tools, spare plugs, coolant, motor oil, trans fluid, SC oil, gas can, mini air compressor, copper RTV, zip ties, spare belts, lights, DIS module, cam sensor, crank sensor, tensioner pulleys, flashlights, spare bottle of nitrous, batterys for camera and radio, cigs, cooler, case or two of Bud Light and this year some spare tie down straps.

Bring maps...lots of maps, so you don't have to reley on a drunk guy to lead the convoy around in the dark.

David

David Neibert said:
Bring maps...lots of maps, so you don't have to reley on a drunk guy to lead the convoy around in the dark.

David
Truer words have never been spoken :D

David Neibert said:

David

aint that the truth. I think we got lost from ~~~~~~ directions in every state we went to while running the NMCA/PRO series. :eek:

David Neibert said:
Floor jack, jack stands, lots of tools, spare plugs, coolant, motor oil, trans fluid, SC oil, gas can, mini air compressor, copper RTV, zip ties, spare belts, lights, DIS module, cam sensor, crank sensor, tensioner pulleys, flashlights, spare bottle of nitrous, batterys for camera and radio, cigs, cooler, case or two of Bud Light and this year some spare tie down straps.

Jeeeeez David! I wouldn't think you would even have any time to drink two cases or even one with all of that potential work. I guess I know where to go if i need to borrow something.:D

I'm just going to drive my car to the shootout since it is only 150 miles from my house. I'm gonna just leave my tools, my spare parts, and extra wheels on the ground in the pit area.

CMac89 said:
Just for gits and shiggles, let's see what tools or extra car parts you bring just in case something goes wrong (even if not) with your SC.:)

Make sure you leave the portable sawzaa at home Casey :D :D.

Shane

quick35th said:
Make sure you leave the portable sawzaa at home Casey :D :D.

Shane
No..No..No, it's coming just for you and other people that think it is cool to run stock downtubes.:)

i am just goin to bring a extra set of slicks, couple of bottles and race gas and a bunch of boose and women. so if i break no worry's i will have a good time while everyone else is working/fixing there cars.

David Neibert said:

David

Dave's got a pretty good list there. I didn't need the nitrous though and had to go out and buy the spare belts and antifreeze. Other than that I had a trunk full of Trails End popcorn for my oldest son to sell! (and a bunch of diapers for my 2 month old at the time :) )

David Neibert said:

David

Remember Kurt and Tony claimed to have the only 4x4 SC's:D

Ken

Ken Seegers said:
Remember Kurt and Tony claimed to have the only 4x4 SC's:D

Ken
Actually, if you remember (which is unlikely considering "your condition"), I didn't actually try to follow you down the dead end gravel road and lead David to the correct road. I realized the error of my ways (allowing you to navigate) when we met at the parking lot after your detour, and you started looking at the map upside-down!

And although my navigation skills did require 4x4 SC's on the way to Carlisle last year, it was because of road construction on the "short cut" I chose to avoid major construction on the Interstate.

If I remember hearing correctly it seems as if an extra harmonic balancer needs to be brought for somebody. And I don't mean for the SC either.:)

CMac89 said:
If I remember hearing correctly it seems as if an extra harmonic balancer needs to be brought for somebody. And I don't mean for the SC either.:)

No need for that when you can get JB Weld...or bubble gum was it?

Back