Operation 10.0

I never did build threads until now. It does blow.

Fuel cell time! Gotta put that turd on a diet, too.

well conqrats and cant wait to see when you get it done man. i am getting my winter build parts a little at a time.

So I was looking under the car last night and got to thinking. What are your thoughts on making 2 fuel cells that would fit were the stock mufflers go and connecting them with -12 line and a vent line like stock connecting them too and maybe putting a shutoff valve between the the 2 cells so when I am racing I can keep less fuel in the tank. I took some measurements and it looks like 5 gallons on each side easily.

Then put the mufflers mid body and tail pipes, not sure if I want to run before the tires or extend them to the bumper. With the hopes of making the exhaust in aluminum to save weight. If someone can PM a dude on YB to see how much he makes aluminum mufflers for that would be great. I guess I don't have enough posts yet.

Also what are the thoughts on my 2.5" header collectors? Are they holding me back at 500 hp? And I'm hoping to make more.

Chris,

Do you get much noise/vibration in the cabin with the aluminum diff bushings and that support bracket ?

attachment.php

David

Not that I've noticed. It rarely gets driven on the street but when the street tires are on its smooth.

I think you are fine with doing anything you want with the diff mounts. But when you put aluminum subframe mounts on then it gets rough and you can hear everything in the rear.

95lx on tccoa got all of Siskas old stuff and I rode in the car at carlisle and it is rough and you can hear the detroit locker doing everything. My car is smooth compared to his.

Not sure how the DLF subframe mounts affect ride.

Hope you can make it out to carlisle. Whole bunch of different stuff out there to take in.

I am interested in seeing the fuel cell setup you are considering.

Also hope to check it out at Carlisle this year.

Hopefully my car will make its debut there. Might not have the engine done but it should be painted by then.

Not that I've noticed. It rarely gets driven on the street but when the street tires are on its smooth.

I think you are fine with doing anything you want with the diff mounts. But when you put aluminum subframe mounts on then it gets rough and you can hear everything in the rear.

95lx on tccoa got all of Siskas old stuff and I rode in the car at carlisle and it is rough and you can hear the detroit locker doing everything. My car is smooth compared to his.

Not sure how the DLF subframe mounts affect ride.

Hope you can make it out to carlisle. Whole bunch of different stuff out there to take in.

That makes sense, and the small amount of drive train and road noise I'm hearing now is most likely coming from the new sub frame connectors.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54780&d=1353952366

David

UMHV bushings will isolate more road noise and vibration when compared to aluminum. The DLF setup made a hugs different in keeping the whole rear from moving around. And my original
bushing came out looking like new

I am about done with my fuel cell the thing that surprised me is with the extra gas I had to run in the stock tank and all the stuff I pulled off the car from the stock fuel system I shaved off between 60-80 lbs:p not to mention that all the weight of the new system is behind the back wheels. Figure to see at least 1.5-2 tenths off the 1/4 mile

Chris

I'd have the pipes come out the side in front of the rear tires like mine is. You may want to add an X pipe in prior to going back the tranny tunnel in case you don't already have one. I don't recall if you do or not. Once you come out of the tranny tunnel its a real easy transition to the sides especially with out bars under the car like mine has. Keith would probably tell you the same.

If you could go from 2.5" to 3" pipe with your power production and future potential upgrades, it would be a good move. Not only that you do lose some weight/Gain some weight advantage not running the pipe/Mufflers all the way back. Every little bit helps.

As far as the tank set up, what you have planned is interesting. Be sure to run 8AN lines to the front with 6AN for the return lines.

Your combination right now is very efficient for the power it makes. These things should only make it even better. Then just add some power and shake!!

Last edited:
Holey crap! Its been almost a year since I started this thread. Hey Dave hurry up! I'm dying over here.

Brought home the new bore scope we got to mess with on Bettie. If anyone was thinking of getting the one from Harbor Freight, its pretty good. This is the more expensive of the 2 they offer. The cheap one has a 16mm camera so that won't go in a 14mm spark plug hole.:rolleyes: It has this little mirror attachment too so you can see the valves.

Anyway here are some shots from #1.

Attachments

• 529FB2D5.jpg
    529FB2D5.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 529FB22D.jpg
    529FB22D.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 529FB45A.jpg
    529FB45A.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 529FB72A.jpg
    529FB72A.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 162
  • 529FB540.jpg
    529FB540.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how many angles on this valve job?

And a few pics from the marauder.:( Burnt valve anyone? MSD box added some timing somehow and it ate 3 plugs. At least the AFR was fat it didn't eat pistons. Just the shrapnel from the plugs beat up the pistons.

Attachments

• 529FB1C1.jpg
    529FB1C1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 151
  • 529FB853.jpg
    529FB853.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 4F04A2EB.jpg
    4F04A2EB.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 528F3588.jpg
    528F3588.jpg