Someone's going to go fast next year.....

XR7 Dave

The forums are getting boring so I figured what the heck...

So I have this SC here of unspecified origins, and it's going to get some updates between now and spring. I'll post pics as we go and let you guess whose it is. ;)

To start off with the car wasn't a dud but here's where we're going:

Phase 1:

Car drove in on it's own power but running poorly due to a bad vacuum leak. When you have a vacuum leak, and we all know how tough those are to find much less fix, so we decided to just pull the motor and upgrade. :D

So motor is out and fully disassembled. Pics to follow. ;)

i found that break cleaner is a little easier than pulling the motor. but pulling it does work to :rolleyes:

Was hoping I could get up to Dave's to freshen my motor, but it ain't gonna happen. So it isn't me.:(

The forums are getting boring so I figured what the heck...

So I have this SC here of unspecified origins, and it's going to get some updates between now and spring. I'll post pics as we go and let you guess whose it is. ;)

To start off with the car wasn't a dud but here's where we're going:

Phase 1:

Car drove in on it's own power but running poorly due to a bad vacuum leak. When you have a vacuum leak, and we all know how tough those are to find much less fix, so we decided to just pull the motor and upgrade. :D

So motor is out and fully disassembled. Pics to follow. ;)

Is it you Dave?

My junk's been "in progress" for about 6 years now so I'm not going to start stirring the pot about something that probably isn't going to happen this year. No, this car is actually happening now as we speak. Pics will be up tomorrow.

I expect the project to take about 3 months to complete so I'll keep updating as we go. I'll tell you guys what is going into the car, you can guess how fast it's going to be. :cool:

Well next year is a long time from now so why even talk about it. Whats going to take 11 months to complete? In that time I hope a jet engine to be strapped on. Speculating speed is so, Aah :(

Well next year is a long time from now so why even talk about it. Whats going to take 11 months to complete? In that time I hope a jet engine to be strapped on. Speculating speed is so, Aah :(

like this 1?

Attachments

• DSCN0293.jpg
    DSCN0293.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 549
I dont even have the willpower to work on my car in an attempt to make it go fast...So sad

Yah its so tomorrow now

Some real busy bodies around here. :rolleyes: I guess I wasn't really very clear about the intent and scope of this post so let me re-iterate.

1) The main purpose is to detail of the buildup of a fast SC.

2) Target completion time is about 3 months (yes that is starting now).

3) Provide some "technical" entertainment for those interested (this is the tech forum).

4) This is not a "guess the car owner" post. I will not be saying whose car it is so there is no point in guessing. If the owner wishes to post at some time that will be their call.

Back