Free 3.8 L NA Alternator, Chrome Fender Lip Trim & Mk VIII Aluminum driveshaft

LXSC

The alternator was a new one I got after mine caught fire and has about 25,000 km on it and worked when it was removed. It's a 75 amp remanufactured model and I'll let it go for free if you pick it up or for a small fee + shipping if you want it shipped. Other than that, I've got a set of chrome fender lip trim for all four wheel wells that is in like new condition and I'll let whoever wants it take it for $15 + shipping. I've also got a Mk VIII one piece aluminum driveshaft that I'll be selling soon and I'll take offers for it. It's barely a half inch shorter than a MMC aluminum driveshaft I bought for T-bird with an AOD transmission and a small hump around the circumference and some paint marks makes me suspect that it may have been shortened and balanced for this particular application. The stock Mk VIII aluminum one piece driveshaft is a different length. I'm going to test fit it tomorrow to find out. Anyway, PM me if you interested in anything I have to offer. Parts can be picked up just north of Newmarket, in Markham, or shipped if paid for.

Alternator

Yeah the 3.8 L NA alternator is not very hefty. The first one I had caught fire after about 75,000 kms after drivin' down the highway with the tunes pretty loud. The crappy 65 amp one couldn't cut it and it just burst into flames. Thankfully a passing motorist saw my troubles and had a big bottle of water on hand. Before then, it was just me with my cell phone in one hand calling 911 while I'm beating out an engine fire with a sweater. The 75 amp one is the one I'm selling that I took off the engine when I scrapped it.

I've got one that is 180 amps for the cougar that I havent put on yet due to the heavy stereo in it and I want another one for the 94 for next year as Nickey wants a stereo with NAV and DVD like the one in my truck:D

Back