2017 Shootout Dyno Competition Sign-up

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
I will be handling the DYNO competition again this year, and will not be running around tracking people down when it is their turn. I'm not going to try to guess timeslots, so the signup list will be only an ordered list (if you don't want to run in the morning, chose a higher number). Participants (or representative) will be expected to check-in with me (or my designee) at the dyno 1 or 2 cars prior to their slot to ensure that they will be ready. If the participant cannot be ready for their anticipated slot, they must inform the next 2 participants on the list that they are being bumped forward....the delayed participant will be moved behind the 2nd car (example: car 1 is not ready. They inform cars 2 and 3. The new order will be 2,3,1,4,5....). If a participant is more than 5 minutes late for their slot, they will be considered a No-Show and will be moved to the back of the line. If a no-show participant that was moved to the back of the line cannot complete their dyno pulls because the dyno operation time has expired, there will be no refund.

Unless I get help again recording pulls (thanks again for last year Rich), I may not be able to actively record every pull by every car. It will be the participant's responsibility to ensure their dyno numbers get recorded.

I believe we have started around 10:00 am last year, but it might have been a little later. Reply to this thread with the position you want. Currently, there aren't enough people to fill the slots, so if there is a gap the list will be compressed.

The list below is only for people that have already paid to be in the the dyno competition. If everything runs smoothly, it might be possible to add additional cars at the Shootout for a increased cost to be paid at the Shootout.
Registered Dyno Participants:
Ricardo Alfonseca (spot confirmed)
David Clark (spot confirmed)
Michael Inch
Michael Mattix
David Neibert (spot confirmed)
Ira Robinson (spot confirmed)
Jacob Royer (spot confirmed)
James Smith (spot confirmed)
Alan Stewart (spot pencilled in)
Dan Thornsberry (via Sally)
Chris Vining (spot confirmed)
Ken Wagner (spot confirmed)

Order:
First: Ira Robinson (Thanks)
2: Ricardo Alfonseca
3: David Neibert
4:
5: Ken Wagner
6:
7: Chris Vining
8:
9: James Smith
10: Alan Stewart (buying you as much time as possible :) )
11: Jacob Royer (you can arm wrestle Clark if it comes down to that)
Last: David Clark

Last edited:
Shoot me a message if all the slots aren't full I would be interested in buying a second slot to get the car dialed in a little better if I can go last.

It doesnt anger me because I'm going last. Fortunately I called last on jul 4th of this year before you even knew if you were going to dyno your car, nice try though lol.
Calling last at a party 3 months ago doesn't count. However, I did see something mentioned today.

Next to last is fine with me. Let the boys making all that new-found power go first ;)

I just want to watch the rest and enjoy after and not worry about time constraints. Plus catch the nice morning cool, that's worth a few ponies.

Calling last at a party 3 months ago doesn't count. However, I did see something mentioned today.

Thankyou Kurt I just added that information because it was referenced in the response you saw this morning. Jacob is at home hooking his nitrous wet kit up as we speak. I wish you the best of luck anf great numbers but im still going last ÷)

Thankyou Kurt I just added that information because it was referenced in the response you saw this morning. Jacob is at home hooking his nitrous wet kit up as we speak. I wish you the best of luck anf great numbers but im still going last ÷)

You guys enjoy your dyno racing next weekend. I'll save my racing for the track :D

No nitrous for me. I can't even get my bottles filled thanks to a shortage of n20

Plus catch the nice morning cool, that's worth a few ponies.

Good call Ricardo... ;)

It's been awfully warm down here late morning for the past few weeks....forecast for the Shootout is a little warmer, but will likely be in the 70's by late morning/early afternoon.

Back