Things Learned From This Year's Shoot-Out

Macros

SCCoA Member
So did anyone else need to crawl out the sunroof, trunk, or leave the keys in the ignition due to not being able to open the doors more than 2 inches once your SC was on the trailer? :D

Attachments

• On Trailer.jpg
    On Trailer.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 133
Make sure that your Trac Loc is in good working order so you get rubber on both sides of the car....:rolleyes:

It takes 26' of 2x6 lumber to get my car on and off the trailer.
A single 15 or 20 pound n2o bottle is better then 2 10 pound bottles.
Never walk home from the bar at 3am.
Sparksmonkey ftw!!!

That MAF curves shouldn't look like a staircase and to learn how to tune before trying to.

bring more tools

I did! Seemed like everybody borrowed something at some point from me.

Make sure that your Trac Loc is in good working order so you get rubber on both sides of the car....

Hey don't talk about me like that.:eek:

What I learned... don't reburn before you race a final.:mad:

Quote:
Make sure that your Trac Loc is in good working order so you get rubber on both sides of the car....

Hey don't talk about me like that.

I wasn't, mine took a dump, got rubber all over the driver side and barely any on the passenger.

Don't run slicks for the first time during qualify and competition racing :cool:.

and don't burn them out till you see smoke if they are not yours :D.

Fraser

So did anyone else need to crawl out the sunroof, trunk, or leave the keys in the ignition due to not being able to open the doors more than 2 inches once your SC was on the trailer? :D

Chris getting into his car...

Chris_Wise1.JPG

Chris_Wise2.JPG

3rd and 4th gears are there for a reason and should not be skipped:eek:

:p

i remember when scott long did that in mark strand's 89 XR7 several years ago because it had a short throw and he wasn't used to it. he came off the track and i was like 'One Two, FIVE! Three sir!" from monty python, lol

When I loaded my car on a rented u-haul trailer I crawled through the trunk also. Then at the hotel I noticed the drivers side fender had 2 straps that once un-done allowed the fender to swivel out so you can open the door, you can see the rear hold down in both of the pics.

Last edited:
How did you manage to get a U-Haul trailer for an SC? I have tried before, but they say it's too heavy. Tell them you're trailering a VW?

Last edited:

That looks like a uhaul trailer and the fender should fold down if you unlatch it. My car was lowered and I could get out of mine using that same trailer.:D:D

That looks like a uhaul trailer and the fender should fold down if you unlatch it. My car was lowered and I could get out of mine using that same trailer.:D:D
Not if the trailer is so old that the entire fender doesn't fold down. This is why Thomas was able to take these pictures:
Chris_Wise1.JPG

Chris_Wise2.JPG

LOL he should have taken a pic of the person shutting the trunk.

it's a good thing chris's car had the pass through, otherwise he would have had to get in dukes of hazzard style.

When I loaded my car on a rented u-haul trailer I crawled through the trunk also. Then at the hotel I noticed the drivers side fender had 2 straps that once un-done allowed the fender to swivel out so you can open the door, you can see the rear hold down in both of the pics.

Mitchell,

Fender on Chris' trailer folds over, but there is a stationary backing plate that still blocks the door from opening. It was one of the old hunk of junk versions...the newer ones he usually gets, work fine. Good incentive for him to buy his own trailer, now that he has a place to store it.

David

The one thing I learned was that even if you car is running like junk and not properly tuned, a good shot (small) of nitrous sure wakes it up.........gained 1.2 seconds..........:D

Last edited:
Back