What is your occupation or source of income?

Digitalchaos

Just curious what the various members of the SC community do for a living or as a source of income!

I currently perform summer yard maintainance and freelance computer work..

I've been a stock broker/financial planner since Nov 1999, Jun 1995- Nov 1999 owned/ ran a bar. May 1988- Jun 1995 US ARMY/ TN Nat'l Guard.

I'm a Professional Engineer with a EE degree. I work with Architects mostly on commercial buildings designing HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.

Senior Systems Analyst and in charge of Special Projects for a construction materials company. I also do contract software projects for a group out of New York as I have time.

Hey Brian,

Im an Industrial Hygiene Engineer..I work within a Building Forensics Department..,You know...Find other peoples mistakes and find the fix. We also do commisioning/LEED work. Come to think of it your name sounds familiar. I work for LZA Technology/Thornton Tomasetti in Manhattan. WHo do you work for?

Damon

I am a branch manager for FleetPride, a national heavy duty truck parts company. My branch is a gas transport repair shop as well as a full suspension shop. It gives me a place to store my SC and work on it as well. I have been in the welding and fabrication business most of my life. Should be interesting to see what some of the top dogs on the SCCoA do for a living

I have been with GE for 10 years now. Mainly field Engineer/project manager.

I am currently Program Manager GE Energy. I coordinate service/install work Nationally with GE Water Technologies contracts. I ususally change positions every 2 years, so ask me in a week or so. :)

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Hey Brian,

Im an Industrial Hygiene Engineer..I work within a Building Forensics Department..,You know...Find other peoples mistakes and find the fix. We also do commisioning/LEED work. Come to think of it your name sounds familiar. I work for LZA Technology/Thornton Tomasetti in Manhattan. WHo do you work for?

Damon

I'm with Progressive Engineering we've definately run across some LZA guys from the Connecticut office (Trumbell Right?). We do very limited commisioning but we're seeing more and more LEED work, we've started designing a couple of silver level project (including one at the Pentagon) but non have every gone LEED to completion of even formal listing.

I drive a truck on the road. All the States all the time. We run a lot of east coast. ny, nj, penn, and southern coast states. I am thinking of quiting and getting a job at Burger King.

I work in a pizza place for now. But pretty soon ill be working for a title/mortgage company as a Title Extractor. Other than that im going to be a poor college student soon :eek: I'm going to Akron University here in NE Ohio , shooting for my bachelors majoring in Marketing Managment. :eek: :D

All joking aside I have been thinking of getting into sales down at the local Ford dealer. I am tired of being gone all the time. I can see me selling pickups to the rednecks around here. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I work for Bode Aviation. I work with both of my older brothers. My oldest brother is the chief mechanic. We work on general aviation aircraft. Piston, turboprop, and some jet engines. Mainly piston engines. Basically, we are tractor mechanics. :eek: :D We operate a pretty decent fleet of flight training and charter airplanes. Definitely stay busy.

Bode Maintenance Website

Last edited:
Believe it or not. My favorite job that I do from time to time is deliver pizza's! That has to be the most relaxing part of the day. I've been invited in. I've seen what some very strange people do on the inside when they'd rather I didn't come in. And the best part about it is that you don't even need to think to do the job & all your time could be spent thinking about whatever you want. Not just 'the job'.

Anthony

oh yeah. I also work for Merrill Lynch on technology infrastructure mainly with computer telephony integration.

Very interesting responses here; I see there are a great many unique people in our community!

I would enjoy reading more responses to this thread, as I believe others would also!

I work in the felling industry know as textile. I am a technician (a.k.a. mechanic). I work on high speed prep. and spinning equipment. Due to most of our cloths being made in China I am currently enrolled in a trade school to learn pipe welding, and have maybe 4-5 months left.

I am a ecotic dancer at night, I really have not made much money doing that for some reason. Everyone makes fun of my whipple tattoo on my upper thigh :rolleyes:

I work for the Ford Motor Company, building those wonderfull Crown Victorias that are always chasing us down on the highway. :D

Back