Plasti Dip

bigpoppa822

I've seen a lot of people using this stuff on their cars lately, it is a fully removable rubberized coating that seems to last up pretty well. When you don't want it anymore it just peels right off, and doesn't damage paint.

http://www.plastidip.com/

The VW/Audi community is going crazy using this stuff on wheels, badges, and even a whole car!
matte2.jpg

ITUpperside1.jpg

Anyway I guess I wanted to say that I think we can use this stuff usefully (read as a money saver) on the SC. My roof to window trim on both the front and back is peeling pretty badly and seeing as its over $100 for replacements, I may just strip them and plastidip them in black to see how it comes out.

Has anyone used this stuff before? Anybody have other ideas where it could be useful on our cars?

I've used it since the early 70's to make insulated screwdrivers and pliers.

Not on a car, though.

RwP

i think he was meaning, " the VW/AUDI community, IS crazy"

might work on trim but a whole car, ~~~

Anyway I guess I wanted to say that I think we can use this stuff usefully (read as a money saver) on the SC. My roof to window trim on both the front and back is peeling pretty badly and seeing as its over $100 for replacements, I may just strip them and plastidip them in black to see how it comes out.

Has anyone used this stuff before? Anybody have other ideas where it could be useful on our cars?

No, haven't used it. Where do I get it?

I would say its worth giving a shot to recoat those trim pieces.

I got the spray bomb stuff from home depot or lowes. I was going to try it on the soft touch trim pieces inside the car on 94-95s. Seems to match pretty well.

I used it for my B pillar and exterior trim paint. I never really could get it thich enough and I'm not impressed with durabaility.
It hasn't stood up very well to summer heat. In other words.. it was a waste of time and effort. :(

The stripes in my avatar are plasti dip. They have held up fine for me. Think it was like 3 coats. I think I have a thread about it somewhere.

Back