Is anyone interested in a hood like this?

Norm-L

SCCoA Member
I've been using this hood I made last winter. It was intended to be used to make a mold, but time ran out for the show season, so I had to use it for now. This winter I'm going to remove the hood to make the mold so the actual fiberglass or carbon fiber hood can be made. I'm wondering if some of you would be interested in having one like this, to work with the 96,97 headlights. The mold will belong to my employer, The Car Vault, in Brownsburg, IN. My boss has been great, allowing me to use the shop and his expertise to make most of the changes to my car in the past year, so I'm giving the mold to him as a thank you for all his help. If you guys are interested in getting one of these hoods, my boss will be willing to make them available. This winter we could start production.
Right now, I'm just trying to see if there's interest. As soon as I know what it would cost, I'll let you know. The bright side is that since I've paid for all the work so far and the mold is on me because I'm doing it all for my car, my boss won't have to factor in the "engineering costs". That should help keep the price reasonable. It also means that the price should not be affected by how many, or how few, people want one.
The hood is being molded to fit a standard bolt-on 1999-2004 Mustang Gt scoop, as seen below.
Take a look at the pictures and let me know.

DSCN2364sm.jpg

DSCN2363sm.jpg

Just one mold

I'm only going to be making a mold of the hood as it is. I'm sure it would fit your 92, as long as you're also planning to switch to the 96/97 headlights, header panel and bumper cover. I stuck with my original 95 bumper cover, but I did have to trim it around the inner corners of the headlight for clearance. You would have to have it painted to match your car.

That is cool.

I love the bumper treatment with what appears as the mustang lower portion. The hood looks good but I dont like the added on scoop, it should be integrated.

One last change.

I'm glad you said that. Originally, I wanted the scoop to be integrated, but as the plans evolved, I forgot about it. There's no reason for me to make the mold without including the scoop. You just did me an accidental favor. lol Thank you.

Just like the Mustang, no, it is not functional. It's there for the look. It's not really practical to grab the intake air from there, since the air filter is still in the stock location, and I didn't want to pack air into the engine bay, potentially restricting the flow of air through the radiator. Ofc, anyone else could use that scoop any way they'd like.

I will have to search for pictures, but years ago Ricardo had an SVO style hood that I thought looked really slick. If you could figure out a way to duplicate that, I would overnight you a check !

I will have to search for pictures, but years ago Ricardo had an SVO style hood that I thought looked really slick. If you could figure out a way to duplicate that, I would overnight you a check !

I hope you find some pics. I'd love to see it.

Jeff Bratton owns Ricardo's old SVO hood.

Norm - how much $$ are we talking for a hood like this? Comparable to the aftermarket FG hoods?

I will need to dig through some old discs for the pictures of the hood on Ricardo's car but here's what I found on Bratton's:

923126_10152140168488280_1833737196_n.jpg

10441133_10152696129663280_5259985826355124240_n.jpg

10367687_10152398885593280_4741607915259052899_n.jpg

Back