Membership is now OPEN!

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
We are pleased to announce that SCCoA membership has re-opened!

Here's the deal. First, please ask any and all questions in this thread. I will be directing people here from various other threads, emails, etc. This is the place to ask your questions. If you have a question - READ THIS THREAD.

This is an automated system using PayPal. You do NOT need PayPal account as you can checkout from PayPal as a guest.

If you wish to see your membership status, simply follow step 1-3 in the next message to access the user upgrades. If there is no active upgrade showing, you do not currently have a paid subscription.

Member numbers are not generated as part of this automated system and we are currently not issuing member numbers. We hope to change this at some point, but do not have this on the roadmap. If you previously had a member number, we already have that in our records and the same number stays for your lifetime, even if you stop paying for membership - we never give out the same number to two separate individuals. If you stop paying dues, your member number will simply go into hibernation; if and when you re-join the club, that number is still yours.

Remember, only dues paying members have access to add cars to the garage. If you haven't added a car, once you join, it's a great time to do so. Additionally, members who stop paying for membership will eventually lose the vehicles they've submitted to the garage (This is not yet in place - we'll let you know before this happens so you don't lose anything if you wish to backup your information manually.)

Finally, if you select a membership that automatically renews each year, please do NOT sign-up for another membership next year. We have had cases where people sign up two and three years in a row and are being charge 2-3x the annual membership. Paypal handles the automatic renewal; if you wish to cancel your membership, please sign into your Paypal account and cancel it within there.

In the future, we hope and plan to add additional members only features to the site. Have a suggestion? Let's hear it!

Thank you, and welcome to the SCCoA!

Last edited:
Here are the steps to join the SCCoA through our automated PayPal system.

1. Login to the SCCoA forums as you normally do. Make sure in the top-right corner of the forum navigation menu you see your username displayed, as shown in red below. If not, you're not logged in. Additionally, make sure the username shown is the one you want to pay for.
1616681908157.png

2. Click your username in the navigation bar, then click "Account Upgrades" from the menu that appears, as shown below.
1616682076746.png

3. In the account upgrades area, click the PURCHASE button next to the upgrade you wish to purchase. Only purchase ONE upgrade; if you see an active subscription in the area below, don't purchase anything - you already have an active upgrade.
1616682137849.png

Both upgrades are the same cost, but the first upgrade is a recurring subscription, meaning PayPal will automatically deduct the membership cost each year from your account. There is no manual renewal to be done on your part. If you wish to ever cancel this, you must do so through your Paypal account.

The second upgrade is a one-time subscription (Meaning you need to manually renew each year, if you elect.)

4. At this point, you will be transferred to the Paypal site to complete your upgrade. Once the upgrade transaction is completed with PayPal, the SCCoA forum will immediately upgrade you to an SCCoA member!

Benefits of paid membership:

You can add an avatar (photo) to your board ID.
You can add a signature that can also include a photo that shows up beneath all your post.
You will not see the Google banner ads at the bottom of the pages.
You will receive a member discount from some vendors and club sponsored events.
You have access to the members only forums, which includes the Lounge for discussing non-car related topics.
You can create a Garage page for several cars to list your modifications and upload numerous photos for hosting, which includes adding your timeslips and dyno charts.
You will be one of the people who is helping to keep this club alive by helping to pay for the cost of hosting this website and the cost of sponsoring fun club related events.

Attachments

• 1616682015487.png
    1616682015487.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Just renewed!

I like things this way :) was nice and simple!

Just one question tho! I guess being logged in and then paying with paypal how do you guys know which member paid for what since there isnt a place to put your member name on the paypal paid page?

Thanks, Tom

Here are the steps to join the SCCoA through our automated PayPal system.

5. At this point, the remaining steps are self-explanatory. You will receive a confirmation page for your subscription and you will be asked to login with your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can sign up with PayPal and fund the account prior to signing up with SCCoA.

Yup, I'm all paid up. Works for me here perfectly!

I like things this way :) was nice and simple!

Just one question tho! I guess being logged in and then paying with paypal how do you guys know which member paid for what since there isnt a place to put your member name on the paypal paid page?

Thanks, Tom

Since you're logged in, the board is handling the payment and passing it to Paypal through an API (Programmer speak) so we know who's who.

Pat, i recieved an email from Paypal today saying my recurring subscription i signed up for months ago has been CANCELED.Can you shed some light on this?Do i need to sign up again?

Thanks,Ikey

Pat, i recieved an email from Paypal today saying my recurring subscription i signed up for months ago has been CANCELED.Can you shed some light on this?Do i need to sign up again?

Thanks,Ikey

I wish I could - but the site and PayPal give me no information. Can you look at your PayPal account and see if you see anything? You're the first recurring member since you "found" this loop hole a year ago, so it's either a bug in the system, or. . .? Unfortunately, we may not know for some time as I never tested recurring memberships (We didn't want to wait out a year to roll this out.)

I wish I could - but the site and PayPal give me no information. Can you look at your PayPal account and see if you see anything? You're the first recurring member since you "found" this loop hole a year ago, so it's either a bug in the system, or. . .? Unfortunately, we may not know for some time as I never tested recurring memberships (We didn't want to wait out a year to roll this out.)

Ok i checked my paypal and all it says is canceled.This morning my membership was gone as i could not see the members only forum.I had to re register with the recurring payment option.I would say you have a problem with the Paypal payment for recurring subscription.

Wow! That was super easy! I'm all paid up.... Thx!

I am having problems adding pictures to my garage. It says it won't accept certain files. I change the file type of the pic but get the same result.

P1040758 (2).tif - Error: Not a supported image type (jpg, gif, png).
P1040758.JPG - Error: Not a supported image type (jpg, gif, png).

The pictures that I have in my garage page now, posted fine some time ago, they came off of the same digital camera, I used the same computer, and the pics are in the same file.

Last edited:
Wow! That was super easy! I'm all paid up.... Thx!

I am having problems adding pictures to my garage. It says it won't accept certain files. I change the file type of the pic but get the same result.

P1040758 (2).tif - Error: Not a supported image type (jpg, gif, png).
P1040758.JPG - Error: Not a supported image type (jpg, gif, png).

The pictures that I have in my garage page now, posted fine some time ago, they came off of the same digital camera, I used the same computer, and the pics are in the same file.

When you say you changed the file type - did you CONVERT them to JPG, or just rename them to JPG? How many photos do you have in the garage? There is a limit, but I would think it would give you that error - not the file type error.

When you say you changed the file type - did you CONVERT them to JPG, or just rename them to JPG? How many photos do you have in the garage? There is a limit, but I would think it would give you that error - not the file type error.

Thanks for the reply Pat!

I have 12 pics in my garage. I just renamed them to JPG. I've acually tried every option my computer gives me & none of em work. Of course, I've been renaming them all... Do they need to be converted? I'm assuming so. I do not know how to do that.

Thanks for the reply Pat!

I have 12 pics in my garage. I just renamed them to JPG. I've acually tried every option my computer gives me & none of em work. Of course, I've been renaming them all... Do they need to be converted? I'm assuming so. I do not know how to do that.
To convert a .tif file to a .jpg file, just open the .tif file in whatever viewer you can see the picture (I can't remember if MS Paint can view .tif files). After the .tif picture is open, select 'File', 'Save As', and then choose .jpg as the file option. If your view can't save as a .jpg, it should still be able to save as a .bmp file.

Renaming the file extension will never work.

Membership

Hey Pat,
I paid for my membership about 1-2 months back. Any idea of when I will receive my #?

Adam

Hey Pat,
I paid for my membership about 1-2 months back. Any idea of when I will receive my #?

Adam

Unfortunately, that's a completely manual process. I started getting it done for all the new submissions we've had - but it's also very error prone when doing it manually. There's no good way that the site gives me to do this.

I asked a few people if they might be able to help in developing a system that does this for us automatically. No response, unfortunately. If anyone knows php and mysql - please message me!

One thing that does suck is that they do not notify you of when your membership is about to expire so that you can pay before it lapses so then you find out when get on to find some info, that I just so happen to need right now:(

Back