full swap from 95sc to 96lx?

in a rut and need opinions

• Total voters

automaniak22

I have two birds and I really don't have the money to keep both in condition. The 95 has been in a wreck and you can see there has been body work to the front end and driverside rear. the 96 however is in decent shape on the exterior nearly mint condition. the only issue is that the transmission is bad. Does anyone have any thoughts on if I should part one out to rebuild the other? if I should swap all SC components to the LX for the better condition body? or should I stick it out fix them both and sell the LX?

trans is out of the lx? just get a bone yard trans for a few hundred and install and then sell it....

sadly you would most likely get more money from parting out the lx. imo take what you need for the sc from the lx and then part the rest. you could sell it faster then parting it out though. if your wanting to get rid of it fast then ya a bone yard tranny sounds like a good idea. im about to get rid of whats left of my parts car (90) is there anything on that you could use for yours?

maybe the hub assym. the bearings on my 95sc are going out. everything on the 96 is really good body and all. I was thinking it would be more benefitial if I was able to repair the body of the sc to the best condition I can from the lx. like for example the front bracket for the fender is bent.

Last edited:
Back