Price Drop! 1990 35th Anniversary Ford Thunderbird SC, Auto, Delaware

Dan92Man

Up for sale is my 1990 35th Anniversary Ford Thunderbird SC. I'll start off by giving you an overall description of the car, then go into detail. I purchased the TBird on eBay April 2010 from the original owner. It had 121,770 miles on it when I bought it. Not even 300 miles later, the headgasket and connecting rod on the number 6 cylinder went at the same time. After that happened, I lost interest in the car up until September 2011. I then decided to dump money into it and fix what needed to be done. It currently now has 123,365 miles on it. A/C was recharged w/R12 and blows cold. Heats works well. Power steering, locks, windows, moon roof, brakes etc. The exterior has just been detailed and looks really nice condsidering it's the original 21 year old paint. It has maybe 2 or 3 dings, one on the drivers door, one on the hood, and one on the passenger door, that can easily be fixed by a mobile dent service...nothing major at all. No rust or rot anywhere to be found. It has it's normal paint chips on the front bumper and hood and a few minor scratches here and there...remember it's 21 years old and has been driven. Interior is decent. The driver's seat shows it's normal wear on the side bulster and seat back. I have the anniversary floor mats, suede cleaning kit, key blanks, key chain, owners manual, and window sticker. It now runs, drives, and shifts great. My son, who was formerly a Ford and ASE Certified technician, has done the work performed on the car since I've owned it and I trust his work 110%. Here's a list of what's been done while I had the car and also parts that the previous owner has had done recently...

Engine:

-New engine (long block assembly) from SureFire engines out of Texas. Installed 9/20/2011 at 121,960 miles. 3 year/unlimited mileage warranty from install date.
-New Melling Oil Pump.
-New Water Pump.
-All new belts.
-All new steel idler pulleys.
-New thermostat.
-Bosch premium spark plug wires.
-Motorcraft platinum spark plugs.
-Napa d.i.s module.
-Motorcraft camshaft sensor.
-Motorcraft crankshaft sensor.
-New supercharger snout seal.
-Supercharger fluid changed.
-10% overdrive supercharger pulley.
-New air filter.
-New fuel filter.
-Anti-freeze
-Hoses are still in good shape.

Transmission

-Serviced at 121,855, drained torque converter, removed pan, replaced filter, refilled.
-Transmission cooler installed.
-Front pump seal replaced while engine was out.
-Shifts very well and doesn't slip at all.

Suspension/Steering/Tires

-New Tokico lowering springs (unsure of the amount of drop), Done by previous owner
-All 4 new Tokico struts/shock replaced w/ARC, Done by previous owner
-Very expensive GoodYear Eagle F1 245/50/ZR16 tires that are a little noisey. About 50-60% tread left. Done by previous owner.
-Rear wheel bearings replaced.
-4 wheel alignment performed.
-Power steering cooler installed. Done by previous owner.

Brakes

-Pads show about 40-50% left
-Replaced front passenger abs sensor. (very hard to find used)

Exhaust

-All stock and in good condition.

Interior

-In good shape for it's age.
-Drivers seat show it's wear, but isn't completely destroyed. see pics.
-Factory radio was sent out and repaired because it didn't work when I bought it.
-Factory CD player works.
-Missing passenger seat side plastic side cover. see pics.

Exterior

-Detailed on 11/30/2011.
-Auto vent shades.
-Professionally tinted windows.
-Looks very nice for 123k miles, but isn't showroom perfect.

*Pictures and carfax can be seen on autotrader.com zip code is 19966

I think I covered just about everything. I'm ASKING $6000.00 If you have any questions, my name is Pat. You can reach me at 302-258-4037 or email me at pba287@aol.com. Thank you for your interest.

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Dan92Man

Last edited:
Great ad and nice looking car. I have the same Tokiko set (Springs and struts) waiting to put into my Annie. I hadn't seen one with those in it yet, but I like the stance it has there. Clean ride. GL with your sale!

Great ad and nice looking car. I have the same Tokiko set (Springs and struts) waiting to put into my Annie. I hadn't seen one with those in it yet, but I like the stance it has there. Clean ride. GL with your sale!

Thank you! I tried looking for a part number on the springs so I could look them up, but can't fine one. They're red if that helps. The stance is just right with the 245/50's.

Maybe the starting asking price is too high? Your input and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

Very nice car, but I do think the price is too high. $8900 would be reasonable if the car was in absolutely perfect condition everywhere, and had about half the miles it does. Unfortunately, between 120K miles and a well worn driver's seat, you lose a lot of the "collector car" value, and instead what you have is a very nice, very well maintained 21 year old tbird. I think between the suspension and the new engine, you could probably get $5000 for it, but at that point, it may not be worth selling to you. Whatever you decide, good luck with the sale, and thumbs up on the car!

Very nice car, but I do think the price is too high. $8900 would be reasonable if the car was in absolutely perfect condition everywhere, and had about half the miles it does. Unfortunately, between 120K miles and a well worn driver's seat, you lose a lot of the "collector car" value, and instead what you have is a very nice, very well maintained 21 year old tbird. I think between the suspension and the new engine, you could probably get $5000 for it, but at that point, it may not be worth selling to you. Whatever you decide, good luck with the sale, and thumbs up on the car!

Thank you for your help! I definitly have some thinking to do :(

Thank you! I tried looking for a part number on the springs so I could look them up, but can't fine one. They're red if that helps. The stance is just right with the 245/50's.

I'm sorry! I forgot about this post until today when there was a reply and I got an email. The part number for that Tokico kit is ILK222. Here is a link to a site where I found them still available. This isn't where I got mine, but the first site I saw them at now while searching them for you:

http://www.erzperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=tokicoILLUMINA-17

Back