Two Local Cops Resigning; Wagered on Traffic Stops

SlushNaz

I don't know if anyone has posted this but i thought i should share it.

Two Local Cops Resigning; Wagered on Traffic Stops

(WSB Radio) Two police officers in the Newton County town of Porterdale are expected to resign today, after accusations the pair wagered on who could write the most traffic tickets.
Officers Erin Cox and Frank Jackson have both been on the force for less than a year. The allegations came after the town's traffic court was swamped on February 16. Officials say 240 traffic tickets had been written in the month of January, more than twice Porterdale's monthly average of 100. Upon review, the town's Mayor and traffic court judge discovered that every other ticket had been issued by either Cox or Jackson. In addition, Judge C. David Strickland recalled overhearing a conversation between the officers in which they were bragging about the number of tickets they had written.

Mayor Paul Oeland says the speeding stops were legitimate. However, once the officers had stopped a motorist, they would tack on citations for every minor offense they could find, in an effort to build their ticket total. Oeland says Judge Strickland threw out most of the tickets.

Oeland says, since the officers have been asked to resign, rather than being fired, they will be able to apply for other positions in law enforcement, and their indiscretion will not be listed, unless another department requests it for a review.

http://wsbradio.com/news/0227bettingcops.html

good, glad to see a couple losers go down like that. A bunch of scum bags got fired from the force for sitting around at local gas stations and not doing anything. Lazy sorry excuses for law enforcement.

Rookies.
Most cops do realize they have to live with and interact with the town they are there to protect and can't just bully people. It only takes a few morons to create the bad image though. At least a judge used his brain and dropped the BS tickets.

either of there names......FARVA?

supertroop3.JPG

Last edited:
OK.. my turn to play devil's advocate.

I think they should have been disciplined, not fired. In dallas, we have bigger issues like cops who, for example, have criminal backgrounds and who shoot people when off duty, or who arrest immigrants on possession of "dry-wall" powder.. Subsequent lengthy investigations have determined that dry-wall powder is indeed not a controlled substance and that some (but not all) of the immigrants should be freed. :confused:

A bit of overzealousness in traffic ticketing is not that large of a transgression. ;)

Sure, if it happened in Dallas. Smaller towns don't go for that BS. It directly affects how the local PD is seen, which is more important in a small town. Their monthly average is 100 tickets, these guys got it up to 240. That's a major betrayal of trust in a small town, in Dallas it would hardly make the news.

In small towns, the thinking is that if you let corruption, drugs whatever get a foothold, you're going downhill fast. They're pretty hard on things like that, and rightfully so. Nip it in the bud. :D

Back