Update for all BTM balancer group buy participants - updated 12/07/2006

XR7 Dave

Important Update: Balancer group buy has been cancelled. See last post for details.

Last edited:
1 please - in black. I'll follow this thread, but just in case I forget...please email me when the group buy is over and I will fire a money order off asap.

Last edited:
We are approaching the breakpoint for the deepest discount. Folks if you are going to need a balancer soon, don't miss this opportunity to get this one at the lowest price it will ever be offered for.

Please include myself for one '94 - '95 style balancer in Black. Also, does the balancer and pulley still need to be zero balanced before installation? And what payment methods are available?

Thanks

Dale Clements

Payment will be accepted via Paypal or MO. We haven't asked for money yet, but will be doing so over the weekend or by Monday for sure. Please send me an email so I can put you on my email list for the group buy.

It is recommended either to use an aftermarket pulley or have the stock pulley balanced before installation. This is standard proceedure when replacing any HB that isn't mated to it's original pulley whether the balancer is OE or aftermarket. Aftermarket pulleys do not need any additional balancing.

We are now accepting money as the # necessary for the deepest discounts has been reached. If you have expressed interest in this group buy you should have received a follow-up email from me with instructions. If you have not received this email please contact me at the email address listed above.

The group buy will close on Friday. This is a one time only opportunity, don't miss out.

:)

I sent an email to you, but in case others had the same questions, I thought I'd post them here.

Do you have any pics of the other colors (interested in blue)?
In the other thread, there was mention of a mustang version, will it work with the '01 4.2L neutral balanced motor for my mustang?
What is the current availability of these?

If these questions were answered in the email you sent, sorry for any repeats.

Thanks

Payment sent via paypal.....

God it feels good to have some money to put towards the SC project again!!!!!!:D

Anyone still interested in this group buy, it closes tomorrow. If you want a balancer now is the time to speak up. It doesn't get better than this. :D

David

I sent money a few days ago...are you going to post a list or send a reply? Or just let me know??? please...

Chris

I'm on the fence right now. whats the weight of the new one to the old BHJ?

BT Motorsports said:
weight comes in right around the same as the regular BHJ which puts it 1lb lighter than the SFI approved BHJ.

Informational Link.

I wouldn't consider this balancer on the merits of weight. To me this balancer has many other benefits that BHJ can't offer.

1) Annodized and nitrided to resist corrosion

2) Colors are cool

3) Proper markings for timing and cam sensor alignment

4) SFI certification

5) rebuildable

6) better warranty

And finally, I won't put a number on this because it's strictly my opinion, but based on research that I've done, a friction style balancer can increase HP due to it's ability to change dampning effect based on rpm. The BHJ (which is really an OEM style) balancer has a definite rpm range in which it is most effective. This is why the SFI BHJ unit is so much heavier than the normal one. The SFI unit functions at a higher rpm than the normal one. It is my opinion that this balancer should be equally as effective at low rpm as it is at high rpm.

In most cases I don't believe I'd ditch a BHJ already on the car for this one but if you choose to do so I don't think you'll lose much if anything in the transaction. Personally I'll be putting the BTM balancers on my cars (keep in mind that I have yet to install a BHJ on any of my cars).

Last edited:
Back