why cant I freaking find any information about the balancer pulleys??

R

RangerDanger88

hey guys,
I have an SC engine that I put in a 88 ranger, I am getting the little stuff put together but it seems like I am missing the supercharger pulley off the harmonic balancer, and I cant find anything about it. I have been looking for weeks with nothing. im not super sure what year the engine is but I think it is a 94. any help would be awesome! thanks!!

It's specific to the supercharged 3.8 used in Thunderbird SCs from 1989 to 1995 and in the Cougar XR7 from 1989 to 1990. The only ways to get one are from a parted out car, or as part of this assembly sold by Dorman for the earlier cars.
http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-326...&model=Thunderbird&parttype=Harmonic Balancer

The Dorman pulley should work for the later (94-95) cars, but the crankshaft sensor ring on the damper isn't the same. So you would have to swap the pulley to your damper. I am ASSUMING that all the fastener holes should line up, but I don't know that for a fact.

I guess you could also modify the Dorman damper to take the sensor ring from your damper, but that would require removing the current one from the car. Could get messy.

Back