Throttle body removal

1qwik99

Guys,

How do the throttle cable and TV cable come off without breaking anything? I see a metal clip on one and not sure on the other. I'm going to replace the pass side valve cover gasket and it seems that taking off the TB is necessary.

Thanks

i'm pretty sure the inlet plenum needs to come off too so might as well remove TB, plenum and blower all as 1 unit

but as for the throttle cable you just pull it off the throttle blade linkage ball attachment...I am not sure about kick down cable as I dont have auto

then unbolt the 2 10mm bolts holding the cables to the side of the inlet plenum

They just push off and on....the bottom is easier ya just push
it off the pivot ball...

Give it a whirl or if a little tight maybe use
a flat head also.

Tom

Thanks guys,,,flathead sc did the trick. Also, for the AT guys like me, there is a metal clip that hold the TV cable to the bracket. It just pulls up but don't lose it or you will be S.O.L. LOL..

Get one of these: Ford part # F3SZ-7H303-B

It could save your transmission. Mine almost burned up because the rubber grommet wore out and my transmission wouldn't shift or grab. I idled a mile to my house with the 4-ways on. Luckily I wasn't out of town.

Scott,

Can you post a picture of how yours is attached? My car is totally stock and I don't see how it would attach. I have a 1995 SC AT

Thanks

It sounded like you were saying that all SC's had that bushing / clip upgrade setup. I guess I misunderstood your post...my bad.

Back