To All Club Members and My Personal Friends

Les Borda

It was brought to my attention by a very good friend and fellow club member who shall remain nameless that perhaps there are feelings amongst my friends from the club and members that perhaps they have done something or are repsonsible for my obvious absences. Folks this is not the case at all, no one, not one single person has ever done or said anything that made me want to stay away.

I've been very self absorbed for quite some time, some of you know why or have a very good idea as to why. No good for me or healthy, not easy to say this out in the open, but maybe this is what I need. I miss not being involved, I miss all of you as well.

There was a time I lived for this club and it was my escape from insanity to another more insane(but so much fun) world of the members and our cars.I loved busting my A$$ on anyones car anytime, yup as I got older I injured myself a lot times, but all of you changed that and made me sit on my A$$ and used my head for what it was worth. I appreciated that more than any of you can possibly know.

I want to be more active again, I'm asking for your help in getting me going again, I need this outlet badly. I will work to pick up the task of our weekly meetings once again and I thank Andrew for being there for the club and Ed and Paul M in my absence.

I just made arrangements with Hooters at Young and Eglington for some of our meets. They have an upstairs smoking section and quite legal with the bylaw people. I know we have many smokers yet in this club. The manager is someone I know from the Brampton location, he said he would reimburse parking for club members. It is $4.00 from 6pm to 7am underground right across from Hooters. He said keep your receipts bring them to the next meet there and he will take that money off each persons bill. Nice location, somewhere different, somewhat central, not east end or west end. We can if we want reserve the entire upstairs for us but I can't see that being necessary.

Cheers Guys and Dolls

Last edited:
Glad to see you're back Les, missed ya. Perfectly normal to go off on a tangent every once in a while just so long as ya come back. :D

Hey, Les is back !! :D

Don't worry, it's human nature for your interest in various things to wane and then pick up again. Always glad to see anyone get involved again.

cheers,
Ed N.

Les? Les Borda? Is that you after all these ....

Shut up and come out!!!!! Do you know how much swearing we have to do make our quota for a meet??? LOL!!!!

Les is back?

Is Les back?

Back, Les is!

That and we need Dad around to point-out all the girlies with the big you-know-what's and prompt us to be juvenile! :D

Les,

It's great to hear that you're looking to become more active in the club again. You've really been missed!

If my job didn't keep getting in the way, I'd be looking forward to seeing you at a meet again soon. As it stands right now, I'm feeling like it's been forever since I could just up and go to a meet, or a track day, or a dyno day, or Carlisle, or... You get the point. It's been a pretty crappy year for me too, with respect to the car and this club.

Here's to hopin' that things will get a lot better soon for all of us!

Cheers,

Sean

Good to hear ya Les! This has been a crappy year for me aswell.I work piece work so this year I decided to hell with breaking my balls and just go all out having fun playing ball, partying drinking and what ever,so I havent been working hard or making very good cash just beeing a party animal!! To tell ya the truth I'm going through the change of life even if I'm only 42. :eek: In another few weeks it will be all over for another year and it is time to break the balls again and get back on track.I need to get Nickey's car fixed and I just finnally got my'n running well and I miss all the car stuff myself. :D

Back